Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fun with Soho Garden!

Recently Lynette, the owner of Scrap That Moment -- a beautiful scrapbooking and papercrafting store in our town -- gave me the Soho Garden collection pack from American Crafts. Oh, what fun I've had designing with these fun, colorful papers!

I used Nuts About Sketches' sketch #253 for this one. Just couldn't resist using as many of the patterns as possible! This is my youngest granddaughter, taken two years ago.


For this one, I followed a tutorial by Gina Rodgers, a very talented scrap artist from Australia. I made the background with a template from The Crafters Workshop and Mr. Huey's Mist in Opaque White, then spritzed it with shimmer spray from Tsukineko. I also painted around the pattern blocks with gesso -- messy but fun! The adorable subject is the same granddaughter, taken just last month at her birthday party.


And because I had chosen girly patterns and made girly layouts, I went with the black/white geometrics and added a lovely blue feather-patterned paper from the collection for a layout featuring one of my grandsons. The bird was cut with Cricut's Picturesque cartridge. I used gesso and a Crafter's Workshop template for the background.


And I made two cards:



I fussy-cut the teacups and flowers from the patterned papers. The "buttons" on the second card are just punched circles covered with Glossy Accents.

Thanks for looking -- have a great week!

No comments: