Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christmas Cookies!

Our retail district's Christmas Open House is this weekend, so I've been helping the owner of the local scrapbook store prepare display pieces for the event. The stores usually have refreshments, drawings and sales on Saturday and Sunday to entice shoppers to come downtown and "shop local". The Chamber of Commerce provides entertainment such as the annual lighting of the big Christmas tree in the courthouse square, a bell ringer concert (from a local church) and wandering Madrigal singers from the high school.

The store has some fun new 3D stickers from Paper House Productions. They aren't something I normally would buy, but I've had fun using them in display projects. This card uses a little greeting sticker from the Merry Christmas set. I made my own white mist with acrylic paint, water and a drop or two of alcohol, then used a Tim Holtz seasonal mask:


My favorite of the sticker sets is the Christmas Cookies one. I paired several of the stickers with WR Memory Keepers paper (last year's collection, but still very festive and available in the store) and photos of my grandson Cameron in his holiday chef's hat and apron. I used the November 9 sketch from the new My Scraps & More sketch blog as my inspiration:


Brand new Christmas products are arriving in the store this week, just in time for the open house. Hoping to get my hands on those for some more holiday projects!



2 comments:

Tammi said...

what a great page! Thanks so much for playing along with our sketch at My Scraps & More!!

LisaM said...

Fabulous page Barb! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More Sketches!