Friday, November 2, 2012

A sunny Friday!

Fall definitely has reached us here in central Illinois, with cooler weather and some cloudy days. Today, however, the sun is shining! That makes Ed, our cat, very happy. He likes to sit on the porch and watch the leaves fall from the tree, and occasionally pretend to menace one of the resident squirrels.

I have two recently completed layouts to show you this week. For the first one, I used the September "Life's Little Details" kit from Citrus Twist. I love how complete this kits are; all I added were some mini alphas and a brad. The photos were from the PhotoPass from Disneyland. Anna asked Jessie from "Toy Story" to sign her autograph book but was a little hesitant to get up close and pose for a photo. Jessie solved the dilemma by standing behind Anna and posing.


I took the photo for this layout at Disneyland while the kids and I waited for their parents to finish a "big person ride". Anna came up to give her brother a hug, much to his delight.  This was a lucky shot with the little camera I keep in my purse; no time to pull out and focus my Canon. This piece of Prima patterned paper (from the "Doodle Deux" collection) makes the perfect background for the photo! I used this and other papers from my August Citrus Twist kit and paper add-on, along with washi tape from another CT kit and title alphas from my stash.



The sketch is the Oct. 28 sketch from the Citrus Twist blog. I popped the photo up on foam tape to make it stand out, and added little seed pearls from the kit to a fussy cut flower and buttons. Finally, I used a little Stickles and Liquid Pearls on the border motifs and added Glossy Accents to the tiny punched paper circles. I think this is my new favorite layout!

I did this page a while back for a "Telephone Scraplift" but couldn't share it until the scraplift was done. I used Simple Stories' Summer Fresh line and photos of two of my grandkids at a fun fair.



All of these layouts also fit various challenges at Cookin' Up Creations. Beginning in November, we're changing the way participants can become eligible for the prize drawing. More chances to win -- come on over and check it out!

Thanks for looking; have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Carmen Pauls said...

Lovely pages, Barb! The photos from Disneyland are so adorable. :) Good on Jessie for just gettin' in there. ;)

Carmen.

Nathalie said...

I left you some love on the CT blog for the first two pages ;) and I really like the banner across the page on the last page! Great design!

Ange said...

All great layouts! I absolutely adore the middle layout and the photo. What a SWEET shot! And you've used the perfect papers and embellies. Love it!!

Patricia said...

Oh wow! I love all three pages! That Toy Story title is perfect!