Friday, October 26, 2012

Visits with grandkids

I traveled last week first to Wisconsin to visit my younger daughter and her family, then on to Minnesota and the older daughter's home. Visits with the kids are always great for snapping a few photos, which almost always end up in layouts.

Our littlest grandson, 6-month-old Hamish, had a great time playing in the jungle mat that first belonged to his older sister. I love his sweet little face and his smile, which is even cuter now that his first two teeth are (just barely) visible. I used my September kit from Citrus Twist and some Thickers from my stash for this quick layout:


My older daughter and I took her boys to a local pumpkin farm, a family-owned place with lots of fun things for kids. I paired my September Scraptastic kit with a Nuts About Sketches sketch for this layout:


Both layouts also qualified for Blue Plate Special challenges on Cookin' Up Creations, where there's a new challenge every day.

Thanks for looking; have a great week!

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

Fantastic pages both Barb! I love the bright colors and cute face on the first one and the layout of the second one! Love that it has so many photos of your day!

Rebecca Kvenvolden said...

SO CUTE! i love both of these... the color combos, the super cute kiddo... the second one took me aback because the farm we visited had a "how tall this fall" sign too, maybe that's common? anyway, thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

angie gutshall said...

Love the layouts and so glad you had a great trip visiting!!

Patricia said...

Loving both of those! I like how you have that curvy strip on your first layout! Makes it extra fun!

Ange said...

Great layouts! I love the title Jungle Boy, cute!!