Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy Friday!

After a couple of rainy days, we have a gloriously sunny day here in Central Illinois. Unfortunately, I have to go to work in just a couple of hours; but meanwhile, I plan to get outside and putter around in the yard a bit.

Whatever would I do without kit clubs and sketches????? I love kits because the designers already have done all the work of coordinating papers, embellishments and other extras so I can just pick up my kit and get to work. And sketches save SO much time in deciding placement, design, and so on.

This was my layout for sketch #230 at Nuts About Sketches. Everything except the buttons and title alphas were part of the July Summer Picnic kit from Scraptastic Kit Club. I cut the title with the Baby Face font dies from Cuttlebug. These are photos of the Pixar Parade at Disneyland:



I used a Pagemaps sketch for this layout, as part of a Blue Plate Special challenge at Cookin' Up Scrapbooking Creations. (There's a new challenge every day, with a monthly drawing for a great prize. This month it's a gift certificate to Flying Unicorn) When I subbed to Citrus Twist Kits back in July, I received a wonderful little Fourth of July kit. The top photo shows my son-in-law, with Anna on his shoulder, heading into California Adventure Park and Cars Land.


Everything is from the kit except the stars (from Walmart) and the title alphas. I splattered some white paint, thinned a bit with water, onto the Heidi Swapp background paper and then sprayed with a bit of Shimmer Spray. Loved the way the shimmer looked on the dark paper! I cut out two compass motifs from the paper (hidden by the photos) for future use.

With the Disneyland trip and last weekend's Homestead Festival (with visits from both daughters and their families), I have loads of photos. That's just fine, because I have several kits from Scraptastic and Citrus Twist (including the August Tropical Heat, which arrived earlier this week) just calling my name. Hoping for a little scrapping time and mojo this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by -- have a great weekend!


5 comments:

Nathalie said...

I hadn't not seen the first page yet and it is greatly designed! Love all the circles and the adorable banner!

Ange said...

Super cute pages! Loving the chevrons you've got going on.

Patricia said...

2 very nice pages! Love the colors you chose to highlight your photos.

angie gutshall said...

Love the pages! You did a great job with those kits!!

S said...

Hi there, I just popped over from Nathalie's blog. Great layouts - I spy some of my favorite summer themed papers there. I see you are as in love with kits as I am. I'll be back!! S