Friday, September 7, 2012

Double pagers!

I used to scrap double page layouts almost exclusively, so I could get all the photos from one event onto a single layout; but then moved away to doing multiple single pagers for each event, etc. However, Shawn at Nuts About Sketches does some awesome two page sketches! Here are my takes on the last two weeks of sketches:

For sketch #228, I used a mitered strip technique borrowed from Nathalie . The papers and most embellishments are from Citrus Twist's July "Beach Cruiser" kit.


I was fortunate enough to accompany my youngest daughter and her family on a trip to Disneyland in late August. We spent 3 1/2 days in the Magic Kingdom and Disney Adventure (wishing we had had more time so we could take our time and hit ALL the attractions). My camera decided to have a "lens error" issue the entire time, but I still managed to get some cute photos; and I'll be snagging more from my daughter's PhotoPass CD when it arrives. There will be many more layouts, but here's the first one, using Nuts About Sketches' #229 and the What's Up collection from Basic Grey:


The photos were from a visit my 4 year old granddaughter and I made to Minnie Mouse's house in Toon Town. A fantasy face painter, who had no business during the early entry hour, offered to give her that "princess mask" paint for free as a demo to drum up business. When I asked Anna if she wanted to go inside Minnie's house, she asked "Will she mind?" I told her that's why Minnie left the door open. She loved the house, but the "dishwasher" held a special fascination.

Although August was a "slow" month for me, in terms of scrapping, I did complete a few others but had to hold them until after various reveals, etc. This one was part of a "Telephone Scraplift" at Cookin' Up Creations. I used My Mind's Eye "Be Amazing" for these photos of my 11 year old grandson at the lake:


The owner of our local scrapbook store, Scrap That Moment, gave me some Graphic 45 "Bird Song" samples from CHA and asked me to make two layouts for display at the store. Now that Bird Song is arriving in stores, I can post the layouts:

I've scrapped this photo of my mom feeding the birds in a zoo aviary, but I thought it fit with the paper so I scrapped it again. I love the colors and motifs of this collection!

 I had a lot of trouble photographing this one, for some reason; but the red border goes all the way around the layout. Graphic 45 is just made for fussy cutting, and I had a blast cutting and layering a variety of motifs. I crackle painted the fussy-cut birds to hide a couple of small tears that occurred when I cut them out:


The store also recently stocked Best Creation's glitter cardstock, and it's a dream to work with! Had to add some to this layout:


I also used a hydrangea stamp from Our Daily Bread, which the local store also recently placed in stock.

Thanks for looking -- have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

I love it all, be it double or single pagers!!! Thank you for the shout out! Your mitered corners look great ;)

Ange said...

All such great layouts! You did a fab job with the 3 5x7's sketch. I didn't have enough big photos for that one. lol

angie gutshall said...

Great pages to capture! Love them!

Patricia said...

Love them all Barb! That China page is so fun and colorful!