Friday, August 17, 2012

About face!

Do photos always have to be  "face shots" to be scrappable? Not necessarily!

I was fortunate to be able to visit my older daughter and her family in Minnesota for three days at the end of July. I loved hanging out with her, her husband and my two grandsons at a local park pond. The 7 year old had a little snorkeling kit from Shopko and had great fun "diving" into the shallow water. The charm of the photos was not the expression on his face, but the way in which he enthusiastically "snorkeled" into the pond.


Everything in the layout came from the Scraptastic Kit Club's "Be Amazing" March kit. Love the subdued yet sunny shades!

And sometimes the expression on someone's face is the whole point of the photo. I also visited my younger daughter's family; baby Hamish is nearly 4 months old already! He is such a delightful little guy. His face sometimes has this serious, "studying you" look; but his older sister, Anna, loves to make him laugh. I used Bella Blvd's "Baby Boy" collection, paired with some big alphas from my stash, for this page:



Thanks for stopping by -- have a great weekend! 

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

Ooops, I can't see the second page Barb but the first one is very fun! Great colors for a Summer layout and I like the details like the clouds and the pearls :)

Ange said...

Both super cute! Love the colors too. The action in the first lo is great and love the faces in the 2nd.

angie gutshall said...

Super cute and the first one is so fun too!!

Patricia said...

Both very nice layouts! I'm especially loving the first one! Great work as always!

just jennifer said...

love it! I have several lo's where I've scrapped the backsides of my kids :) they are fun!