Friday, July 20, 2012

Why yes, I like Prima ....

(note: if you're here for the Cookin' Up Creations CHRISTMAS IN JULY Blog Hop .... you will find that below the following post. Just scroll down for a look at my holiday album and the link to continue on the blog hop! Still plenty of time to get in on the "holiday" fun!)

.... how could you tell? The owner of Scrap That Moment, our local scrapbooking store, asked me to design a couple of layouts using Prima's Fairy Belle collection. I love the big graphics, which lend themselves either to using them "as is" for gorgeous backgrounds, or to fussy cutting and multi layering.

These are my final two layouts (I think; but who knows, I still have some scraps left ....) using the collection. This one was for a scraplift challenge at Cookin' Up Creations -- I borrowed the idea of the doily, the ribbon and lace border, and the glittered title from the scraplift subject. I also added a bit of Stickles and Liquid Pearls to some of the paper details. The layout features my mom, who looks like a cream puff but actually is one strong woman under there:


(I have to admit I cried a little when I wrote the journaling. I really am proud to be her daughter.)

My oldest daughter and her family recently returned from a week in Walt Disney World, and among the photos was this gorgous one of Heather in front of the atrium gardens at their hotel. She's been working really hard the past few months on "getting fit", and I think it shows big-time; she looks fabulous!


I made the rose with a Spellbinders spiral blossom die; the bottom flower with several scalloped circles, also cut with a Spellbinders die; and the turquoise one by combining several Kaiserkraft blooms. The only fussy cutting on this one was a small butterfly, which I popped over a larger one on the background paper.

I love Graphic 45 papers for the same reason I love Prima! For this week's Nuts About Sketches reveal, I used leftovers from last fall's Tropical Travelogue assignment for the local store. For the diamonds, I used a Cuttlebug die that I bought for $2 a while back at Big Lots.


Here's a look at the design:


Need a jump start on your holiday crafting? or maybe just a reminder that the summer heat won't last forever? Then head on over to the CHRISTMAS IN JULY CROP at Cookin' Up Creations! The fun starts Friday, July 20 and goes through Sunday, with challenges and games. And you'll have until Wednesday evening to complete your challenge projects. The blog hop continues through Sunday; check it out below for a chance to win a little RAK.

Have a great weekend -- and stay cool!

5 comments:

karen In Houston said...

Wow Barb the layouts are absolutely gorgeous and I think i want to lift both the one of your Mom and daughter, love them both....

Patricia said...

Lovely layouts Barb! You did great work with those hard to work with papers! They are all so pretty!

Barbara said...

I just love the diamonds on the "looking cool" layout!! I'm gonna have to try that with some of these odds and ends scraps I've been trying to use up!

Ange said...

You do great work with Prima and Graphic 45 papers! Love your nuts layout and that you used the diamond shapes in there. Looks SO cool!

Annie Collins said...

Barb - your layouts are beautiful! I love the papers, flowers, well everything.