Saturday, July 7, 2012

We're having a heat wave ...

Good morning!

Here in central Illinois, this is something like the 6th day of near-100 degree temperatures, with heat indexes of up to 110. Needless to say, we are avoiding outdoor activity during the better part of the day. Watering plants and any other outdoor chore early in the morning; by 9 am. it's been about 85 degrees and still nearly 90 when the sun goes down. It's been a good week to stay inside and scrap, that's for sure!


Last weekend, at the start of the current heat wave, I finished three layouts. Two of them were pretty quick ones, but fun nonetheless. This one was created with a sketch from the current class at Inspired To Scrap. My oldest daughter took these photos of her son meeting my youngest daughter's new baby boy. I just love their faces!



This one was for the summer  design team introduction at Cookin' Up Creations, using a sketch from Creative Scrappers. These adorable young folk are my seven grandchildren:


The owner of the local scrapbook store, Scrap That Moment, asked me to create some layouts using the new Fairy Belle Collection by Prima. The papers are soooo gorgeous, and just right for indulging in some fussy cutting and layering. For this layout, I had a cute photo of granddaughter Anna and two little friends backstage at their dance recital -- adorable girls but awful background. I ended up cutting it into a silhouette and mounting it on patterned paper:



Lynette, the store owner, is always generous in giving me at least two sheets of each Graphic 45 or Prima pattern so I can cut and layer. I cut a "frame" from the "Summer Dream" pattern; then I cut some of the flowers and the fairy from a second sheet of the same pattern and layered them over the ones on the frame. I inked and curled the edges of the flowers first for extra dimension and added some Stickles for shine. 



I just love doing that with Prima and Graphic 45 papers! Yesterday I finished another one using the Fairy Belle Collection and a Nuts About Sketches sketch. I can't show it until after Monday's reveal, but here's a sneak peek:


Have a great weekend, and STAY COOL!!!!! 

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

Wonderful pages Barb! The first one if my favorite! I love the colors, the design and the photos! Hope you can stay cool this weekend! :)

Ange said...

Great layouts! Love them all but that Chuckle with those sweet photos is my fav. So cute!