Friday, June 22, 2012

One more ballet layout ....

I love the Amy Tangerine Sketchbook line with my granddaughter's dance recital photos! They have just the right note of girliness and fun. My recital photos technically are not "good pictures". The stage was big and I had to stand back a bit; the lighting was more than a challenge; and the subjects were in motion. But scrapbooking is about preserving the memories, so I scrapped them anyway. The design is Nuts About Sketches -- sketch 218. Our little ballerina did us proud!


I made this next layout for a product reveal challenge at Cookin' Up Creations. Each of us received two sheets of blue cardstock, a sheet of words patterned paper and one of a grass motif, a package of ribbon, ribbon stickers and letter stickers, and some cute tab embellishments. I used mine for this:


The "summer" letters are foam started out white; I used alcohol ink to color them. I also used ink on the stickpin head to turn it from clear to yellow. This definitely isn't my usual style of products, but I like the fun, bright feel to it! I also made a card, but didn't add a sentiment. Instead, I'll choose the appropriate sentiment when I use the card.


What's on your scrap table? I have some photos (that I swiped from Facebook) of my son and some friends at the Warrior Dash last weekend in Chicago. It's not every day that I get to scrap my handsome, meticulous son covered in mud! 

Here's the "big picture" -- my son is the tall shirtless one on the right. 


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! 


3 comments:

Nathalie said...

Lovely projects Barb! I do love your "Spotlight" page with the Amy Tan line, and you're right it is perfect with the adorable photos you used! I can't wait to see what you do with that "muddy" photo ;)

Ange said...

Great layouts and love the card! I like that you fussy cut the flowers on the NAS lo and the stack of photos with part of the title in it on the 2nd lo. Great photo of your son, that will be so fun to scrap.
I've got a 8x10 family photo on my table right now. :)

Barbara said...

Your Spotlight layout is darling! Love all the little cut-outs here and there on the page! And thanks for the tips on "coloring" the different embellies - I never think of that when I'm lost for letters!