Saturday, May 19, 2012

One month old ...

Our newest grandson  recently hit the one-month mark. I marked the occasion by taking my mom to Wisconsin to meet little Hamish for the first time. And of course, I had to take a few photos.

I don't do a lot of two page layouts anymore, but I love the two-page sketches that Shawn creates for Nuts About Sketches. Here's one from our visit. Check out Hamish's cute little sneakers!


The patterned papers are from the Bella Blvd "Baby Boy" collection.

There was a 12 hour sketch challenge at Inspired to Scrap on Wednesday, and since I had a little time to play, I created this layout of my youngest daughter and granddaughter:


Today I'm refurbishing some layouts for display at the scrap store uptown. I created two Father's Day layouts with Karen Foster golf paper and two wedding layouts with Karen Foster wedding paper. They were simple, fast layouts, and I was never really happy with them. The store owner asked me to "freshen them up" a little for display again this June. It's been a matter of pulling off old embellishments that I no longer really like (big rhinestones, some flowers with a bad glitter job) and replacing them with newer ones. Three of the four are done, and I think they look better. The fourth is still a work in progress!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

Both pages are adorable! I can't believe your little grandson is already a month old (and he is so cute!!!!!)

just jennifer said...

love them! esp love the pink/yellow color combo on the second one!

Patricia said...

I can't believe it's been a month already! I love both pages- but especially love the first with all the photos and the giraffe print.

Ange said...

I love your take on the Nuts sketch!! And the baby is so adorable! Love the giraffe print, too cute.
The other lo is really cute too. Love the colors and all the pins!

angie gutshall said...

beautiful layouts!! Great colors and cute pictures!