Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another Saturday night ...

... and I'm spending quality time in my scrap room. That's my favorite late-night place to be! Right now I'm working on the finishing touches for Monday's Nuts About Sketches design, which is due in just a few hours. (Oh no, I don't procrastinate .... much!)

Meanwhile, here's my take on last Monday's sketch. I rearranged the elements a little bit to accommodate this photo of my youngest daughter with my youngest grandchild. I am seriously loving the Bella Blvd. "Baby Boy" collection. Just look at those fun patterns and adorable chipboard elements!


I've also been "refurbishing" a few layouts that I created last year for the local scrapbook store, using Karen Foster themed papers. The papers themselves are not my usual "style", and I wasn't quite happy with the results. Today I reworked this one:

It was "okay", but over the past year in my photo album, the border had gotten a little bedraggled and I wasn't liking the rhinestone flourish. It also didn't have a title; I had thought the word "CHERISH" on the paper was sufficient.

Here's the rework, with a flourish cut with the Cricut Picturesque cartridge, then crimped and swiped with glitter paint. The Rose was cut with Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One die and then also dipped in paint. I replaced the border with a pleated ribbon and added a title.



Here's a close up of the flourish. I used green ribbon for "leaves" and a doily underneath to hide some damage to the paper that happened when I removed the flourish.


Thanks for stopping by; have a wonderful Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

Oh, I like the addition of color brought on by the flourish on the second page and the design and fun elements of the first page make it a fun and sweet boy page. Nice work!

Ange said...

Great job with both layouts. I love that little boy line too, so cute!

Patricia said...

Both pages are great! Love the addition of the scroll- something so little can do so much!