Friday, April 27, 2012

Finally Friday!

I am SO glad it's Friday! How about you?

My second post on the Scraptastic Club blog is up this morning. I've enjoyed being the April guest designer there and working with the Great Adventures kit. Besides the two layouts I posted a couple of weeks ago, I made two more layouts and two cards.

The "Curious" Planks paper from My Mind's Eye was a great background for this picture of my grandson Ethan feeding a giraffe at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. I love the bold, yet muted colors of the American Crafts Chap collection and the cute stickers.


I needed two birthday cards, and once again the papers in this kit really fit the bill. This one was for a grandson. I used a bit of foam tape to pop out the sentiment sticker (which I backed with cardstock) and the punched circles.


And this one was for a son-in-law. The "notebook paper" is cardstock that I embossed with a Tim Holtz folder, then punched with an EK Success notebook punch. Finally, I crumpled and inked it.


I was down to scraps and leftover stickers, but wanted to scrap these cute photos that my daughter took of grandson Cameron and his "bubble beard". I always save ALL the scraps from a kit; it's easy to just throw them into the bag. They come in handy for making punches and embellishments. That's what I used for this layout, along with Sketch #204 at Creative Scrappers.



I've also been working with two collections from 3  Bugs in a Rug for display at the local scrapbook store, Scrap That Moment. It's been so much fun to use with photos that I took of my youngest granddaughter and new grandson. Look at the cuteness in this "Blast Off!" collection -- it has rockets, little space guys, adorable aliens .... perfect for a photo of  2-week-old Hamish sleeping, along with a quote from Eda LeShan:


On the girlier side, the One Fine Day collection has flowers, bunnies, adorable little owls and these fantastic juicy citrus colors. I love this photo of Anna telling "Bapa" how to play Candyland. This was my layout for Monday's Nuts About Sketches' sketch #210.


The One Fine Afternoon line also was perfect for a picture of Anna at the park on Easter Sunday.  It was also my take on the April Scraplift a Member challenge at Cookin' Up Creations.


Thanks for stopping by -- have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

Barb, you have been one busy scrapper again!!! I LOVE the first page!!! Totally loving the wooden background with the bright colors!!! You definitely put that Scraptastic kit to good use!

Ange said...

Great lo's and cards! Love Imagine, what a sweet photo!

angie gutshall said...

Barb. you did a fantastic job on these! I really love the first one with all the layering and that picture is great!