Saturday, March 24, 2012

Waiting ....

We're here on baby alert, as we anxiously await the call that our new grandson is on his way. When my daughter calls, the plan is to be in the car and heading for the Wisconsin border within a half hour, and hopefully I'll arrive in time to witness his birth.  Meanwhile, I've been trying (more or less successfully) to scrap.

This week's Nuts About Sketches  sketch, #205, was a double pager -- perfect for chronicling my granddaughter's fourth birthday party.


Everything except the alphas, the buttons and the acrylic paint that I used on the chipboard daisies came from the Burlap & Buttercups March kit. Love those bright, juicy colors!

We lost our beloved 12-year-old Boston terrier, Pepper, in early February. I found some photos yesterday that were taken when he was a puppy and knew that I had to scrap this one of baby Pepper napping with his teddy bear:



The papers are Lily Bee's Memorandum, including the solid blue "frame". I added the little banner and staples as part of the March 15 challenge on the Scraptastic Club blog. And it also fits the March 9 challenge on the Burlap & Buttercups blog to scrap something besides our kids or grandkids.

And finally .... my younger daughter sent me a cell phone photo on the first day of spring. Thanks to the unseasonably warm weather, her yard in Wisconsin was awash in bright daffodils. It was perfect with this Amy Tangerine sun-patterned paper and other goodies from the Burlap & Buttercups March kit.

 I used the sketch by Mary Pat Siehl on the Burlap & Buttercups blog, along with both of her twists -- to use a cell phone photo and to use the paper as an embellishment.  It also fit the March 20 challenge on the Cookin' Up Creations forum to use something metallic looking; I edged my little clouds with silver glitter paint because, as we know, every cloud has a silver lining.

We're still playing CLUE at Cookin' Up Creations, and there's still time to join in the fun.

Have a great week!




6 comments:

Nathalie said...

I LOVE to see what you do with your B&B kit!!!! It's so fun for me!!! Love your interpretation of the challenge and of the sketch! Great pages as always!!!

angie gutshall said...

Love these Barb!! They are each gorgeous! And can't wait to see pics of the new baby!!

Patricia said...

Loving them all Barb! Thanks for sharing them!

Ange said...

Great pages! Love your take on the NAS sketch and the look on your gd's face in the main photo. Love, love, love the sunshine in the last one!

Rebecca In MI said...

Glad to see that you have scrapped something about your beloved Pepper! As always I love what I see here!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is so awesome!! I love the photo in your layout! too cute! thanks so much for playing along with us at Burlap and Buttercups!