Monday, March 5, 2012

It's nice to be back ...

... on the Nuts About Sketches team! I love Shawn's sketches and the layouts that I make with them. After serving on the September 2010-February 2011 team, I took a break but decided to submit again for this term. Here's my first layout for this term:


The papers are Crate Paper, Studio Calico and My Mind's Eye. The patterned tape stickers are from Pebbles; I thought they added a cute touch. I also used this layout for a challenge on Cookin' Up Creations that required us to use at least NINE different patterned papers! That isn't too difficult, really, if you cut small circles and add little touches like my photo corners and the little punched piece under the tape at top left. 

The first challenge this month on the Burlap & Buttercups blog was issued by Aimee and called for stitching a word on a layout. I loved the look of this! The design is from the March 1 challenge from the "Lift a Layout" month-long event at My Scraps and More. 


These papers are Crate Paper and Studio Calico. The photos in both layouts are from granddaughter Anna's fourth birthday party. The theme and her party dress just seemed to call for bright, happy colors!

Thanks for looking -- have a great week! 

2 comments:

Aimee Kidd said...

Your layout for my challenge is beautiful! I love the tilt on it and your stitching turned out fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Burlap & Buttercups!

Michelle said...

Your stitching turned out great!