Thursday, February 9, 2012

Scrapping to the challenge!

I presented the Blue Plate Special challenge this morning at Cookin' Up Scrapbooking Creations. Our theme this month is "In the Kitchen", so we're using food related challenges. My challenge theme is SWEETS! With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I'm seeing a lot of recipes online for fancy sweets such as strawberries dipped in white AND dark chocolate (tuxedo strawberries), chocolate desserts and other culinary concoctions.  My challenge is to use at least two of the following colors to represent these tempting treats -- black (dark chocolate), brown (milk or semi sweet chocolate), kraft or tan (caramel), cream or white (white chocolate or cream) and red (strawberries); PLUS the word "sweet" in the title.

And here's my example:



It just so happens that this layout also fits the bill for the second February challenge on the Scraptastic Club blog! The challenge is to do some fussy cutting to create a "die cut". I cut the "Charming, Adorable and ever so sweet" label, as well as the attached music banner and bird, from a piece of Lost & Found paper from My Mind's Eye.

And ... the page also qualifies for the February Sketch A Thon at My Sketch World! I used the February 4 layout sketch for my layout.

Don't you just love multi-tasking?
Thanks for looking -- have a great day!

2 comments:

Rebecca In MI said...

I do love multi-tasking! It's a challenge with the challenges! (you've taught me well! LOL!) This can't be Anna! When did she get so grownup looking?

Jessica Carter said...

Barb...super cute page. Love the fussy cutting :)