Sunday, February 26, 2012

On a roll!

I can't remember the last time I completed THREE layouts in two days! I already posted the first one yesterday; but here are the other two.

I used the sketch and challenge -- to use hexagons -- by Heather Landry on the Scraptastic Club blog. The photo is from 1979; the story behind it is that I was the first girl in my dad's entire extended family (and perhaps my mother's, also) to earn a four-year college degree. My dad called graduation day "the proudest moment of his life." The papers are Lily Bee Memorandum. I also added three border strips for the challenge on the  Burlap and Buttercups blog.




This layout is for display at Scrap That Moment, the local scrapbooking store. I used Sketch #196 from Creative Scrappers  as inspiration. The papers are my current favorite line, Tropical Travelogue by Graphic 45.

I cut around some of the flowers in the floral patterned sheet and removed the inside portion. Next, I sprayed and ink splattered the blue cardstock, then adhered the floral frame over it. The edges were sanded a bit, which caused the paper to look a little lopsided, but oh well! The misting was inspired by the fourth challenge -- to use mists or inks -- on the Scraptastic Club blog. I also used paint on the blue flowers from Kaisercraft. I painted them with blue glitter paint; when they dry, the paint gives them some texture so you can scrunch and mold them. Some orange Stickles gives them a little "rust" color, too.


For a "make your own embellishment" challenge at Cookin' Up Creations, I created the green paper and net border. First, I used the bottom of a drinking glass to trace big circles, then cut out and sanded the borders. I spritzed the paper with a little water, scrunched it up and smoothed it back out, then adhered it with folds and wrinkles to the paper background. The netting is actually attached to the back of the photo, then dotted with Firefly Stickles for some extra bling. The photo is adhered to a piece of scrap corrugated cardboard, then adhered with foam tape.


I added more fussy cut flowers, some G45 tags, and of course, more Stickles.

Thanks for looking -- have a great week!

6 comments:

Nathalie said...

Wow! You are really inspired this week! I LOVE that first page not only for its design but also for its subject!!! The intricate cutting of the second page is gorgeous! Great job!

Rebecca In MI said...

YOu are just amazing!

mgpm said...

Fabulous work. I love the textures in the Rain Dance one...so cool, the paper is wonderful for the purpose you have chosen. I am totally into hexagons at the moment....so your hexagons are inspiring! I was the first woman on my mom's side to ever go to can graduate from college too. :) Wonderful LO!

Moon Scraps! said...

Beautiful job! I miss seeing your granddaughters pics as often as we used to. She is just adorable!

Ria Maningat-Mojica said...

Love those border punches you used! Thanks for joining our challenge at Burlap & Buttercups!

Lisa H said...

You are on a roll Barb! I love these layouts too. How awesome that your graduation was the proudest moment of your dad's life. =) You layouts are beautiful as always. I really like those hexagons in the background of the first one.