Friday, February 3, 2012

Hooray -- I made the team!

.... the Nuts About Sketches Design Team, that is!

This will be my second term on the team; my last was September 2010-February 2011. I love Shawn's sketches, so I'm happy to be My good friend Rebecca made the team, too, which makes it all the more fun!

I was fortunate enough to present the first of six NEXT CROP CHEF challenges yesterday at Cookin' Up Scrapbooking Creations. We use random.org to choose our required elements for each challenge, taken from a master list of more than 150 items and techniques.

My "recipe" included dotted patterned paper, photo of a pet or other animal, doily, punched shapes, a bottle cap or other metal item. Required techniques included double matting my photos and making a photo corner out of ribbon. Here's my resulting layout, featuring my "granddog" Izzy:



I'd never made ribbon photo corners, so that was a fun new technique. I found this tutorial, which helped.
The NEXT CROP CHEF contest is underway now at Cookin' Up Creations, and it's not too late to join in the fun. It's a non-elimination contest, with plenty of ways to earn points. The person with the most points at the end of the contest is our NEXT CROP CHEF and will receive a prize package, as well as being a guest design team member in March.

Now that the January sketch class is completed at Inspired To Scrap, I can show the two layouts I made as class examples. Stacey's sketches are always fun to work with. My design team term there is ended also; thanks to Stacey and to fellow DT members Kate and Julia. It was a blast!




If you love layout and card sketches, then check out the annual February Sketch-A-Thon at My Sketch World! There's a new sketch each day, and some fabulous prizes are up for grabs.

I've also been in card making mode this week; here are a couple:



Thanks for looking. Have a fantastic weekend!

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

Oh my, you have created some beautiful projects again this week!!! I love the first one with all the little details sticking out on top and those ribbon corners add a nice touch! The cards and the double pager are great looking too!!!

angie gutshall said...

Barb, I just love that cute puppy layout! And cards are just beautiful! And you did a great job on the sketch layouts too!

just jennifer said...

love your layouts! So cute. And what sweet cards! (Congrats!)

Ange said...

Welcome back to the NAS team Barb! Great lo's and cards. Really love the colors of the bday card.

Rebecca In MI said...

I love seeing your work...I say the same thing to you just about every week on your blog but it's true! You are such an inspiration to me and I am so glad you are on the Nuts About Sketches team with me!