Friday, February 17, 2012

Finally .....

I had two layouts that needed to wait for reveal dates before I could show them off. That's always really hard for me, because I love to post my recent work here and elsewhere!

This layout was my entry for the Nuts About Sketches design team call. Ed the cat has this rather annoying habit of sitting in front of the door as though he wants out; but when we open it for him, he runs -- only to come back and meow at us a few minutes later. One day, after a light snow, I shoved him out onto the deck to see what he would do. As predicted, within 60 seconds he was standing on the other side of the door, meowing to get in. Hence these photos, and this layout:



The papers are Avalanche by Upsy Daisy; the diecut paper is Basic Grey.

I created this layout as part of a "telephone scraplift" at Cookin' Up Creations. I love these because you see only the layout of the person who preceded you; after all of the layouts are revealed, I'm always amazed at how different the ending interpretation is from the beginning layout! I took a photo of a squirrel who likes to play in the tree near our deck. He just sat there and looked at me; pretty darned cooperative, really. the papers are LYB's Twig line.



The owner of Scrap That Moment, a wonderful new store here in town, gave me some of the gorgeous Tropical Travelogue line by Graphic 45. I love the sun drenched colors! I created this layout for display in the store (and hoping to get a couple more done)


I fussy cut the fabulous lady with parasol from patterned paper, backed her with cardstock and adhered over the same motif on that paper strip at the bottom of the page to make her stand out. I used Craft-T metallic rubs on her parasol for a bit of shine.


And just because I love Stickles, I used several colors throughout the layout. My favorite was the Yellow on the centers of the hibuscus blooms:



The design is based on Sketch #4 from the February Sketch A Thon at My Sketch World. There are 15 card and layout sketches posted now, and you have until March 3 to complete as many as you can. There are some lovely prizes involved!

My youngest granddaughter (and her parents) will be in town this weekend to celebrate her fourth birthday, so I'm hoping for a few new photos to scrap soon.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Nathalie said...

Your pages are all so fun! The squirrel one is my fave! Have a great weekend and happy 4th to your granddaughter! :)

Patricia said...

Great layouts Barb! I especially like that squirrel one!

Ange said...

Great lo's. Love that you turned the NAS sketch upside down, great take on it.

angie gutshall said...

Very fun layouts!! You did a wonderful job!

Rebecca In MI said...

That squirrel has been peeking in your window and saw you creating all of your wonderful layouts! He sat there because he wanted to be the star of one of your scrapcreations!

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

These are such wonderful layouts, Barb! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Burlap & Buttercups!