Saturday, February 11, 2012

Can you see my heart?

I've been in major Valentine card making mode this week! These are going to the grandchildren. I didn't buy new Valentine's themed paper this year; instead I raided my stash and found things that I thought the kids would like. There IS a heart on each one, though!

The first five were based on past sketches from My Sketch World. The forum and blog both have a button to click to view past sketches, which come in handy when I get "stuck" for ideas. The papers and cute animals are all from past Basic Grey lines.






 I found the inspiration for this one in the Scrapbook.com gallery and added it to my Pinterest board. It's for my oldest granddaughter, who at nearly 14 may be getting too old for cute puppies and chickies.


The Sixth Anniversary Sketch A Thon is going on throughout August at My Sketch World. There's a new sketch each day, alternating between layout and card sketches. I made these cards as part of a swap with a group of scrapbooking friends.



For a recent challenge on Cookin' Up Creations, we were asked to do a makeover on a past layout. I chose to "make over" this layout from 2006, when I first started scrapping.



I kept the photos and the idea of the two different fonts for the title. The original used foil replicas of some of the coins I kept from Hong Kong; in the updated version, I used the actual coins as well as a pair of souvenir chopsticks from a lunch stand at the convention center in Wan Chai.

Here's my updated version, based on a sketch from Nuts About Sketches:


The NEXT CROP CHEF contest is continuing at Cookin' Up Creations; you can see the Challenge #1 Fan Favorites and check out the latest challenge (as well as all of our monthly Blue Plate Special challenges) on the forum

And .... do you love Echo Park? Then you will want to visit my friend Ange's blog for a chance to win the Holly Jolly Christmas Collection! Hurry though -- she's closing the entries at midnight Sunday, February 12. 

Thanks for looking; and have a Happy Valentine's Day! 

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Such great layouts Barb! I always enjoy seeing your work! I'm especially liking your cards!

Ange said...

Great layouts and beautiful cards! Love how you did your grandkids cards. Great idea to use up your stash and personalize it, very cute!!

Nathalie said...

I am impressed by the collection of cards you manage to create (and all from your stash!) ~they look perfect for your grandkids! I also like both version of your layout!

just jennifer said...

love all your cards! And have a Happy Valentines day yourself!

Lisa H said...

Those are great Valentines Barb! Your grandkids must have loved them, so cute. I really like how you did the makeover of your Stanley Market layout too. What a great challenge. =)