Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sketch class at Inspired To Scrap, week 1

The January sketch class at Inspired to Scrap is up and running! I love Stacey's sketches ... I'll be creating sample layouts for three of the upcoming classes. If you're not in the class, you haven't missed it ... you can still register here for just $15. That includes access to a pdf file of all the sketches and lessons (or one of sketches only, if you prefer) after the class has ended.

Meanwhile, here are two more post-Christmas layouts based on Stacey's sketches:

My older daughter took this adorabl photo of her younger son, Cameron, getting ready to bake cookies for Santa. He was so excited about using her new shiny red Kitchenaid mixer and wearing his new chef's hat and apron! This layout answers the requirements for the New Year's Blog Hop layout at My Scraps & More -- chipboard (hat little star on the tree in the right corner); twine (in the buttons and tag); buttons; a journaling card; and two fonts in the title.



The papers are from WRMK's Peppermint Twist collection. Those hand painted buttons are from the etsy shop Such Sweet Tierney.

I used Crate Paper's Snowy Day collection from last year for this layout featuring my youngest granddaughter on Christmas Eve. She was too engrossed in her presents to look at the camera, so we can't see much of her beautifully expressive face.  I added Stickles and rhinestones for some girly bling.

This is going to be a scrappy Sunday afternoon for me; how about you? Have a great week!




4 comments:

LisaM said...

Cute layouts Barb! Thanks for hopping with us at My Scraps & More!

just jennifer said...

Love them Barb! You're layouts are always so inspirational.

Tracy said...

Love that title! Thanks for hopping along with us at My Scraps and More!!

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

I always love dropping by your blog and seeing your latest creations. Your work is always so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your great organizational tips for B&B's challenge, too! =)