Friday, January 6, 2012

Last layout of 2011 ....

Like many other "life artists", I just couldn't wait to dig into those Christmas season photos; and this year is no exception. My last layout of 2011 (finished on New Year's Eve)  features my oldest daughter's two boys visiting with the Santa Claus at their local mall:


Isn't he just about the best Santa EVER? The papers are from WRMK's "Peppermint Twist" collection. The layout design is based on a Liz Chidester sketch.

I'm proud to be continuing for the Winter 2012 term (January-June) as Coordinator of the Master Chef Challenge Team at Cookin' Up Creations. My first layout of 2012 was posted with my Challenge Team introduction for the new term, and includes my only New Year's resolution:



The papers are Basic Grey and My Mind's Eye. The sketch is from Sketch Inspiration.


At Cookin' Up Creations, a team member posts a new "Blue Plate Special" challenge each day except Monday, and anyone who completes at least 15 of the posted challenges for the month gets her name in a prize drawing. The challenges range from techniques to popular products, sketches, inspiration and more; they're a great way to wake up the mojo! With 10 designers on the team, the challenges are varied and fun. And look for our second annual Crop Chef competition in February!

If you love sketches, there's still time to join the sketches class at Inspired To Scrap! The class is just $15 and includes 17 never before seen sketches by Stacey Lokovic, as well as a private class forum, a chance to win prizes and, at the end of the class, a PDF of all the sketches and class notes. I'm on the "Dream Team" of design team alumni who are preparing sample layouts for the class; and I have to say, the sketches are so much fun to work with!

Thanks for looking; and have a happy and healthy 2012!


3 comments:

Nathalie said...

Both a terrific layouts Barb! I love the Santa on the first one + the design and papers look great. I love the fact that you scrapped a photo of yourself on the second one and your resolution is one that we should all remember!

Ange said...

Those are great! Love the curve on the Santa lo & the title. Very cute!!

Moon Scraps! said...

Beautiful work! I Love seeing your grandchildren growing up!