Saturday, January 14, 2012

A few cards ....

I was in card making mode this week, and working with 6 x 6 pads from Authentique's Journey and Blissful lines. I created ATCs and used them on these two:



For the following two cards, I used a faux ribbon technique with patterned paper strips -- one of my new favorite "go to" techniques:



For this card, I glamorized a chipboard butterfly that's been in my stash for years with paint, stamping, glitter paint and Stickles glitter glue. I also used alcohol ink to recolor a few stick-on gems:


All of the cards were produced for various Blue Plate Special challenges at the Cookin' Up Scrapbooking Creations Forum. The Master Chef Challenge Team members present a different BPS challenge each day on the forum; if you complete at least 15 of the January challenges by February 2, your name is entered into the Dessert Tray prize drawing. This month, the prize is a $20 gift card to the online store of your choice. There's still plenty of time to join in! And watch this week for the 2012 CROP CHEF contest announcement .....


5 comments:

Nathalie said...

Lovely cards Barb! You should share a tutorial for your "faux" ribbon, I love the look of it on your cards!

Ange said...

Great cards! You know I'm a big butterfly fan, so you would think that one of those would be my fav, but that For Your Birthday yellow and brown with the big flower is totally pulling at me. Love it!

Rebecca In MI said...

I too love that faux ribbon technique! I think it really adds something to the layout or the card.
And look what you did with that twine on the butter fly! Clever! I always love not only seeing what you've created but reading what you have written about it. You have as much of a way with words as you do with paper!

just jennifer said...

love the cards! And I love that you are digging in your stash :) Anyone would be lucky to receive any of those cards!

Lisa H said...

Great cards Barb! I am really really loving the "use your stash" theme at Cookin' Up. I've done a few of the challenges already and hope to get more done. =)