Sunday, December 25, 2011

A "Sassy" board book

I created this book for Scrap That Moment , a wonderful new scrapbook store here in town. The book is the "Sassy" Mixables Album from Clear Scraps; so much fun to work with! The patterned papers, most of the stickers and embellishments are from the "Off to School" collection from Fancy Pants Designs.  The papers are so versatile -- great for so much more than school related projects. The ribbons are from Creative Imaginations and May Arts.

I adhered patterned paper to the back of the first acrylic panel, then added the title and stickers with foam dots to the front of the panel. This little album included three acrylic and three chipboard pages. 



The Off to School collection included some fun stickers, and most of them were not limited just to back to school photos. 


Those stickers were even more fun when layered! I used Staz-On ink around the edges of the acrylic panels; loved the effect. 
The line also has some really fun chipboard banners, stars and other self adhesive shapes. I would swear I'm not really "into" banners, but I loved these! 

For the circular collage on the right page, I used my Spellbinders Grand Calibur and Nestabilities dies to cut a circle out of scrap paper to the circle; adhered the photos to the scrap; and then used the circle die again to cut the collage into the round shape. I loved the way it turned out! It's always a thrill when an experiment turns out well, isn't it? 

 The Fancy Pants papers are two sided, which is fun when you're working with acrylic pages.  That sticker on the bottom said "School is Cool" but to make it work for this book, I simply covered it up so it just said "Cool". 

In addition to "not being into banners", I also swore "I don't do mini books"; but this year, I've done several and decided that I like doing them. The book is still on display in the store; looking forward to bringing it back home soon! 

Our children visited us for the holidays either last weekend or on Christmas Eve, and my mom joined us for both; so today is a quiet Christmas for my husband and me. I'm making sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast, then I think the day will be spent scrapping, reading and napping -- not necessarily in that order. 

Have a wonderful holiday season! 



1 comment:

Lisa H said...

awesome mini book! I love them but never seem to get around to making them, lol. maybe that should be a goal of 2012. =)