Friday, December 16, 2011

I've been scrapping .... really .....

I'm not sure where the time has gone, but I can't believe how long it's been since I did a "real" blog post! I've been scrapping .... really .... but just haven't gotten over here to post. That's unusual for me, since I;m usually more than happy to share my recent projects!

Have you seen the "Christmas Emporium" collection by Graphic 45? It's so gorgeous -- the photos online don't begin to do it justice. I love the subtle, yet rich vintage colors and images. Lynette, the owner of Scrap That Moment here in town, asked me to design some layouts for display in the store. I did three:


Here are close ups of the fussy cutting in the lower right and the little "ornaments" I created by die cutting circles from the toy--patterned paper:




I drew my own templates and hand-cut the banners for this layout. The faux ribbon was created by inking and wetting a strip of patterned paper, then hot-gluing it to a scrap piece of cardstock and adhering to the layout. It's a technique from fellow Inspired To Scrap design team member Kate Vickers.



Inspired To Scrap hosted a month-long "Fast, Flat and Fabulous" class, and I created several class examples but couldn't post them (other than on the class forum) until after the class was over. Stacey, the owner of Inspired To Scrap, allowed me to present a lesson on using big, bold graphic prints. I used several examples, but this was the one I created especially for the class using the Corinne collection from s.e.i.


This lesson involved one of Stacey's fabulous sketches, plus tips on "creating" custom buttons using rub ons and die cuts:


This was for a lesson on using limited supplies, plus another of Stacey's sketches:




And this one was a quick layout in response to a current Blue Plate Special challenge on Cookin' Up Creations. There's a new challenge every day (except Monday), with a prize drawing at the end of each month.







3 comments:

angie gutshall said...

Barb, love seeing your work!! You did a great job using Graphic 45!

Janna Werner said...

Wow, you have been busy!! I love your christmas layouts, Barb!

Kate Vickers said...

Barb! You have been a busy lady! Way to go. Great layouts. :-)