Thursday, December 8, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 1!

Okay, so I am a little behind in starting; but I love Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas series and I'm hoping to get to all twelve this year!

Here's Tim's tag:

Now, I didn't have the grungeboard, dies and a few other things that Tim used for his tag -- but as Tim himself says, he provides the inspiration and we can run with what we have. So ... with that said, here's my version:


I used a manilla tag from an office supply store; sprayed it with homemade blue shimmering ink; embossed it with a Cuttlebug Textile folder and rubbed Ranger Distress Ink in Broken China over the embossing, then wiped some off; and around the edges. I ripped music paper from Flair Designs, inked it with Tea Dye and Old Paper Distress Inks, and adhered. The swirl is a Grungeboard Element, inked with various distress inks (not sure what I used; I inked it a long time ago and never used it) The little branches are a Martha Stewart punch. I made a rosette with a border strip of paper by My Mind's Eye; I could have used my Tim Holtz Sizzix rosette die but didn't want to haul out the diecutter. I don't have the pine cone die, so I cut a circle, then spiral cut it; ripped the edge of the spiral and rolled up like those little spiral roses that some of us make. The pine cones were dabbed with Ranger Distress Stickles in Rock Candy and dipped into glitter; I also glittered the top of the rosette. The PEACE is a chipboard word, I think from  Maya Road but not sure. The stick pins are Maya Road. I painted it with silver glitter paint from Plaid; got it at Walmart. The pearl strip is from Hobby Lobby, and the ribbon is left over from a used up kit. I didn't buy anything special ... but then, it was 10 pm on a weeknight in small town, so not a lot of shopping options anyway!

I made one HUGE mess on my work table and had loads of fun.

1 comment:

LisaM said...

Your tag is gorgeous Barb!