Friday, November 18, 2011

We've moved!

After spending the past two and a half months planning, purging and packing, we finally moved into our new home about three weeks ago. We still have a few boxes to unpack (mostly framed photos and room decor that will most likely stay in the boxes until after Christmas, so I can put up the tree and the holiday decorations this weekend or next) but it feels and looks like "home". And I'm happy that I have a scrap room of my own here; it's a bit smaller than the old one, but with a couple of bookcases and a nice little walk-in closet, everything "fits".

Here's my new creative space:

My work table, next to an eastward facing window that catches the morning sun:


We had a couple of bookcases that we no longer need elsewhere; love having all of my albums in here


And a little walk in  closet that holds scrap stuff, Christmas decorations and a few other miscellaneous things, along with a maple desk that belonged to my mother in law:


 For the past couple of weeks, I've been working on layouts for the Fast, Flat and Fabulous" class at Inspired To Scrap. The class is going on now until the end of the month, and we're having a great time!
We also have our usual monthly challenges on the forum. I completed this one for fellow design team member Kate's challenge to mix alphas:


I also used this week's sketch at Sketch Inspiration.

This layout was not one of my lesson samples for the "Fast, Flat and Fabulous" class, but I did create it in response to one of the other lessons. This grid design was great for hiding my less than perfect photos from "Boo at the Zoo" with Wonder Woman, also known as Anna, my youngest granddaughter. I just cropped the photos to 2 3/4 inches square and used the best part of the shots.


I used LilyBee's Memorandum line on both layouts. Anna's costume clashed with traditional Halloween paper, but the Lilybee paper had a nice autumn feel and went perfectly with the colors in my photos.

For the November card sketch at My Sketch World, I created this card for my grandson Ryan's 12th birthday. The papers are from Dream Street Papers and have been in my stash for a while.


Tonight I have a mixed media album from Clear Scraps on my table, along with some Fancy Pants "Off to School" papers. The finished project will go on display at Scrap That Moment, the new scrapbook store uptown. I also still have some Halloween photos of two of my grandsons to scrap. What's on your scrap table this weekend?

And last but not least ... a sonogram of my newest grandson, who is due around the end of March 2012 (he will be our 7th grandchild and he tips the scales in favor of the boys -- there will be four grandsons when this baby arrives):


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Carmen Pauls said...

Such sweet projects! :) I especially like that playful yet masculine card.

Carmen.

Nathalie said...

I can not believe you have managed to scrap all that and move at the same time!!!! The Boo at the Zoo one is my fave :) CONGRATS on being a Grandma again! How exciting!!!

Ange said...

Great layouts! Love the card, so awesome!! Congrats on the new grandson!