Saturday, October 22, 2011

Where does the time go????

I feel as though I'm meeting myself coming and going lately (to use one of my grandmother's phrases). Between a split work shift and moving, it seems that time for scrapping and relaxing is at a premium.

I created a mini album for a free class that's going on now at Inspired To Scrap. I made a mini file folder album, using a summer kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop  and a template from the book Outstanding Mini Albums. The photos are from an afternoon at the pool with my older daughter, her family and my younger daughter's little girl.
I presented a tutorial on making those faux epoxy letters. I used the same technique for the butterflies on the last pages.





You can see the entire class and all of the Design Team members' albums and tutorials here



I also finished a layout for a challenge at both Inspired To Scrap and Cookin' Up Creations. This is my oldest granddaughter when she was not quite 2 years old, telling our then-young dog to "Shh, go sleep doggy!" Ironically, that's exactly what poor Pepper was trying to do when this little girl kept bothering him.


I'm still in love with the "Le Cirque" line from Graphic45 and created a card and a set of Artist Trading Cards for Scrap That Moment, our local scrapbooking store. This is the card:


and the ATCs:




Finally, my card for the September card sketch at My Sketch World, using the Blackbird line from last year by My Mind's Eye:


Next week I will post another mini album (this time created for Scrap That Moment and Canvas Corp) and the result of my first-ever designs working with Hambly Screen Prints. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

Wonderful variety of projects Barb! I love the mini and the ATC cards, the first one being my fave because of the postal flair. Great work as always!

angie gutshall said...

Love the mini! And those are great cards too!

Ange said...

Super fun mini album, love your card, great layout! Love the use of circles!!

L said...

Love those ATC's, Barb!!

Lulo