Saturday, October 8, 2011

Is it spring already????

For the past few days, we have had gorgeous weather -- sunshine, blue skies, and temperatures in the high 70's and low 80's. It's hard to remember that it's the beginning of October and not May!!!! We're in full packing mode (hoping to move into our new home next weekend, if all goes well) but I've been able to set aside a little time to scrap. It's kind of my little oasis of calm in the middle of a hectic week.

This layout was based on a layout by Jennifer Larsen, which in turn was based on a sketch by Allison Davis on the Sketch Support blog. I loved the grid design, the white space and the way in which Jennifer's layout used minimal paper and embellishments but still managed to look fabulous. Here's my version, featuring photos of three of our grandchildren during our recent hometown celebration. The papers are s.e.i.'s Corinne collection.


I used a sketch by Lucy Chesna of My Sketch World  for this layout of my older son when he was a year old. I've had this photo in a little frame for the past 30 years; I've always loved it because it's just so typical of his sunny disposition at that age. I used the remainder of my June Juicy kit from  Sweet Peach Crop Shop kit -- great way to use up some scraps!


I designed this little card for display at the local scrapbooking store, using a card sketch by Lucy Chesna. The acrylic dress form from Clear Scraps was so much fun to work with!


The Worldwin cardstock works wonderfully with my dies and die cutter. Love it! The zebra print is from Canvas Corp; so is the green and white print that I used for my lollipop flowers. I dressed up the clear dress form by first stamping it with a little Studio G stamp and Staz-On ink, then coloring with Ranger alcohol ink. I gathered a bit of lace and added dots of Stickles (in Lagoon, my new favorite Stickles color!) and some little pearl stickers. I covered brads in Versamark ink and then in holographic embossing powder for a little extra bling.

This month at Inspired To Scrap, Stacey and the Design Team are offering a free inspiration class on Mini Albums. Stacey's little travel album is featured this week and is so cute; be sure to check it out! Right now I'm working on my mini; it's coming along nicely so far. Here's a sneak peek:


Thanks for looking; have a great week!

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

WoW!!! Everything is fabulous Barb! I am especially fond of the double pager (I am working on one right now) :D and the photo from your mini reminds me of my kids laying on the cement at the pool just like that! ~ Thank you for joining the hop and always sharing so many cool projects!

just jennifer said...

love all that white space! You make it look beautiful!

LisaM said...

Wonderful work Barb!

Ange said...

Fab lo's and card! Love Smiley Face and your sneak looks great!!

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

I'm so glad I dropped by and caught up on your blog, Barb! So many incredible projects and inspiration here ~ you do such beautiful work!