Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hooray for the weekend!

The past week has just seemed so long, and I've had little time to spend scrapping. I've been looking forward all week to a little time by myself in my scrap room, just in time for all the World Card Making Day challenges and events online.

Again this week, I used the Graphic 45 "Le Cirque" collection for some serious fussy cutting. This time, the subject was a family portrait at our youngest daughter's wedding last year. It already had been a long day when we started posing. By that time, we were all getting a little tired of "smiling pretty" for the camera. One grandson didn't want to be in the  photo and, in fact, was not in the first two shots. The younger kids were distracted, we were all looking every way except at the camera, and my new son-in-law probably was looking around for the exit door .... A year later, I love this photo more than the more perfectly posed ones, because this one is "us."


The layout was based on a sketch by Heather Landry from the Scraptastic Club blog. Other supplies include the striped paper by Fancy Pants, Peeled Paint Distress Stickles by Ranger (over the title letters), various other Stickles colors, Carolee by Adorn-It alpha stickers, and Worldwin cardstock. I used this layout as the example for my October challenge on Inspired to Scrap: you can check it out here!

I finished this one last night using some scraps from Basic Grey's Hello Luscious line and a ledger paper from My Mind's Eye. The photo is a copy of my parents' wedding photo, taken in 1955. The sketch is from Sketch Inspiration. (Sorry for the rotten photo of the layout; for some reason, it would not photograph well and I finally just gave up.)






Finally, I just created this card for my October challenge at My Sketch World. The challenge is to take inspiration from Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night".  Here's the painting:



... and here's my card:


The village is a Tim Holtz Sizzix die; the tree is from the  Cricut Lite Bloom cartridge; and the cat and raven are from Spellbinders. I used gesso for the wisps of fog, and acrylic paint and Stickles for the highlights and the moon.

Thanks for looking. Have a fantastic World Card Making Day and a great weekend! 

6 comments:

Nathalie said...

Great projects Barb!I absolutely love the one of your parents not only because I love those papers but also because the photo is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

amazing work Barb both of your layouts are stunning the pictures and paper you choose beautifully done! love your card you had beautiful inspiration!

Ange said...

Great layouts! LOVE your card. You totally rocked it!!

angie gutshall said...

Beautiful work Barb!

lisaplus6 said...

beautiful work!!! the first page is wonderful!!!! i love how you used those supplies!!

Scraptastic Club said...

Barb,
Great take on the sketch....love it. I really love that card......too cute!
-Jessica