Saturday, September 24, 2011

Here's what I've been up to ....

Have you seen the new "Clementine" line by Cosmo Cricket? It's totally adorable, with cute retro patterns and graphics. Lynette, the owner of Scrap That Moment (the new store here in town) asked me to scrap a few layouts with it. Here's what I came up with:

The Clementine papers were perfect with these black and white pictures from 1962. This month, one of the challenges at Inspired To Scrap is to "put a slant" on your layout. (By the way, there's still time to get in on the fun and get your name into the prize drawing, too!) Love the flower and butterfly stickers too! 


My youngest granddaughter, Anna, had her face painted at the fun fair over Homestead Festival weekend but didn't feel like posing; so I caught this "cheeky" shot. I adore that paper pattern with all of those little retro stamp motifs! 


And this one ... I loved that green floral paper and "had" to do a layout with it. Kept this one clean and classic; it was tough to refrain from adding more embellishments! I did add a little Stickles to the flowers, just for a bit of bling.


My Sketch World hosted another One Hour Sketch Challenge last Saturday night; this is My Mind's Eye Union Square, with a little bit of Basic Grey thrown in. The printed canvas stars are by Jillibean Soup:



This one just makes me happy; it's the Le Cirque line by Graphic 45, another display layout for Scrap That Moment. There is a ton of fussy cutting and layering; I used foam tape to give the curtain and some of the elements more dimension. And I used a ton of Stickles, especially that beautiful turquoise "Lagoon". The photo is from 2001 when I took my youngest daughter, who was 13, to a weekend clowning event near Columbus, OH. I also used this one for my example on a Blue Plate Special challenge at Cookin' Up Creations. The challenge? Use bold colors and a "loud" print!


Thanks for looking -- have a fantastic weekend! 

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

Great work on each one of those pages Barb!

just jennifer said...

love these! esp all the color on you last layout! Beautiful work!

Ange said...

Awesome lo's! Love all the layers and details!! Great colors on the Love one.

Scraptastic Club said...

Awesome layouts Barb! I love that Clementine line!
-Jessica