Friday, August 12, 2011

Sketch layout class at Inspired To Scrap!

I'm following along with the August sketch class at Inspired To Scrap, or at least trying to (I am behind on my "homework" right now, but hoping to catch up soon!) The best part is that all the sketches are designed for 4 x 6 photos. Love it!

The only scrapping I completed in the past week was a double page layout for sketch #3. I used my July Juicy kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop -- loaded with papers from Crate Paper, Cosmo Cricket, and October Afternoon. A friend sent me those tickets, which went perfectly with the papers and theme!


I added numbers to my photos that corresponded with lines in my journaling, so I would remember fun details like the kids hurrying in front of my daughter and me, and of Anna dancing to the music from a young lady's fiddle. Here's a close-up:


And here are a couple of quick cards that I made using Echo Park's For the Record newsprint paper with some vellum diecuts, stamps, colored pencils and Stickles, and Divine Twine.


Each one took me about 10 minutes to make.

The last couple of weeks have been super busy and full here; I NEED some scrapping time!!!!!!  Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!


6 comments:

angie gutshall said...

Love the double Barb! And those cards a beautiful!!

Lisa H said...

That's a good idea to number the photos. I love that one of Anna dancing, so cute. =) I love that giraffe layout also. It's always so much fun to check out all your creations!

Nathalie said...

LOVE your double pager Barb!!! The design, the choice of papers and the photos all work so great together!!!

LisaM said...

Fun 2 pager and gorgeous cards Barb!

Ange said...

Cute 2 pager! Looks like a really fun day out.

Moon Scraps! said...

Love the layout of the Farmers market! The cards are cute too!