Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Monday reveal and other projects ....

The August sketches at My Sketch World went "live" on Monday. I paired the layout sketch with the Crate Paper Portrait Collection and some photos of granddaughter Anna feeding leaves to the giraffes at the zoo:


I used some papers from Scrap Within Reach for my version of the card sketch:



I created this layout for a "Blue Plate Special" challenge that I presented at Cookin' Up Creations. It's a simplified scraplift of my "Take Time to Smell the Flower" layout from last week, which in turn was based on a sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches. Everything except the rhinestones came from the Burlap  & Buttercups June kit. 


I signed up for the August sketch class at Inspired 2 Scrap, and it's great fun! Stacey designed all the sketches to include only 4 x 6 photos, so we can use our pictures "as is" or make changes to accommodate our preferences. I used The Sweet Peach Crop Shop's July Juicy kit, including papers by October Afternoon (that's what I used to cut those cute round "embellishments), Crate Paper and Cosmo Cricket. I added the polka dot paper from my stash.


This is another Sassy Lil' Sketches sketch; the papers are Echo Park For the Record. The photo includes my husband's maternal grandparents (on the right) when they were "courting". The photo was taken in about 1914 at a local swimming lake.

I have a double layout in progress for the I2S class that I started at last night's crop at Scrap That Moment, our local scrapbooking store, We have a wedding reception to attend this evening so I'm not sure how much scrap time I'll get, but hey -- there's always tomorrow, right? Thanks for stopping by; have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Nathalie said...

Wow, Wow, and Wow!!!! Your pages are fantastic, each and everyone of them have such great design and colors and papers!!! Love them!!!

Gisela said...

Wow, I love your layouts and the card is really beautiful.
Regards from Germany, Gisela

Rebecca In MI said...

I never tire of looking at your creations! They are always so bright and nice! You really did a great job with that old photo!

just jennifer said...

such pretty layouts! love the dunk one!

Ange said...

Wow, you always get so much done! I love, love, love your card!! Love the butterflies, bling and colors on Dunk and the outlined circle on the last lo. What a great idea!

angie gutshall said...

Barb, you layouts are amazing! I just love them all! I really like the colors and fun design in the first one!!

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

Barb, these are just beautiful! I always love your designs, colors, details ... all of it! =)

Melissa said...

Great projects, Barb! Love the first layout especially.. I'm partial to that CP line. :)