Saturday, August 27, 2011

I made the team!!!!!

I made the team!!!!!

Posted on  by Stacey Lokovic

Choosing a new Design Team was really hard…there are so many amazingly talented and sweet and wonderful women out there! I hope you will all stick around and join us in being inspired together for the next few months. I can’t wait to get more pages completed with you all.
Announcing our new Design Team:
Barb Prendergast
Julia Short
Kate Vickers
I know you will all love these ladies and their fabulous work! I hope you will join us on the forum and in our classes to be inspired by them. :) They won’t “officially” start until September 1st, but you can check out their blogs and gallery submissions until then. ;)
**Watch for Guest Design Team Contest details in September!**
If you check out Julia and Kate's blogs, you can see why I'm so honored and thrilled to be chosen along with these talented ladies. My first post on the I2S blog is September 2, and our first challenges go "live" on the forum September 1. We also have lots of other fun things planned for the next four months -- come on over and join in the fun!

The past week, again, has been ultra-crazy. New job, impending move, a health issue with my mom, dealing with realtors and getting ready to sell our house -- not a lot of time left for scrapping! But I do have a work in progress, one that makes me happy. Before her memory failed, my late mother in law gathered some old family photos into an album (in plastic sleeves, thankfully, and not glued to the pages!) along with a brief list of who was in each photo. Her sister celebrated her 80th birthday recently, so I'm making a board book with some copies of those old photos for her. I won the Crate Paper "Portrait" collection, along with a Glue Glider Pro, on the GlueArts Facebook page a while back. And I have a Georgian Board Album by Kaisercraft that is perfect for this little gift book.

This is the cover of the book; the couple is my mother in law's parents back in their "courting days", probably taken in 1915.



I've chosen to keep the pages fairly basic in design, securing each element thoroughly to keep the possibility of detachment to a minimum. I want the pages to be pretty, but those photos should be the stars. These are two of the inside pages. The left side includes my mother in law's grandparents; on the right, her parents' wedding party. Would you believe the couple in the top photo were on vacation at a resort? Apparently, everyone "dressed for dinner" even on vacation.

This page is in progress; both photos show my mother in law's parents at different stages of their lives. After this page, I havethree more photo pages to go. The back of the book is merely covered in paper.



My goal is to finish the book this weekend; we'll see how far I get. Kind of hoping to do a traditional layout or two also, even if I have to lock my craft room door!  Thanks for stopping by; have a great day!









8 comments:

Nathalie said...

I LOVE what you are doing with those vintage photos!!! They are always so meaningful! Congratulations on your new DT! They are lucky to have you :D

AlteredDiva said...

Congrats Barb! You are one amazing woman!

LisaM said...

Congrats Barb! Thet are so lucky to have you!

Ange said...

Congrats!!!

Cath said...

Congrats, Barb--and good luck with all the transitions in your life! :)

Julia said...

Love your vintage album Barb. What fabulous photos! I am really looking forward to working with you on the DT I think it will be a lot of fun!!!

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

Congratulations on your new DT position, Barb! I know you'll do a fantastic job ... and blessings to you during this very busy and demanding time!

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Barb! Your mini looks great!