Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to School!

The kids in town are going back to school this coming Monday; and with that, I have a new job! I accepted a position in the before and after school program at a local child enrichment and care center. Since I've been subbing at the center since May, I already know most of the staff, kids and parents. Looking forward to set hours and  a "room of my own" -- I'll be in charge of the third through fifth graders.

And it's back to school scrap-wise, too. I combined some Karen Foster papers and rub ons with some Crate Paper Portrait designs for two layouts of my grandsons. I used sketches from the August sketch class at Inspired To Scrap 

My grandson Ryan lives in Tennessee. He sent his spring school photo, along with his citizenship certificate and honor roll ribbons, to me so I could see them. I scanned, reduced and printed them on cardstock so I could scrap his achievements and send his awards back to him.


I sent his awards back to him along with this card, using a sketch from My Sketch World

'
My grandsons in Minnesota attend a year round school; after six weeks of summer vacation, they started back to school on July 27. They most likely are already looking forward to their three week break in October! 


Our annual September festival here in town has a patriotic theme this year, so I used another Inspired To Scrap layout with papers from Piggy Tales, Around the Block and Treehouse Memories for a layout celebrating grandson Cameron's almost-July 4 birthday


The stars were cut with a Spellbinders die set from the flap of a corrugated box. Loved the way they turned out!

All three layouts are on display now at Scrap That Moment, our local scrapbooking store.  Thanks for stopping by; have a great week!

5 comments:

Candace H said...

Barb, these are terrific! Love the way you scanned the certificate and used it on the layout with his school picture - great idea!

Nathalie said...

Loving the school themed layouts Barb! I really like that black board paper you used! Good luck on your new job! I am going back to work in another week :)

angie gutshall said...

Love the layouts and that was a great idea to scrap the award and so sweet to send the card too! Lovin' that chalkboard paper!

just jennifer said...

love your school layouts! congrats on the job :)

Ange said...

Love, love, love your layouts! And super cute card.