Sunday, July 24, 2011

This one cracks me up ....

When I go to my youngest daughter's home in Wisconsin, I travel along I-43 from Beloit to the Lake Geneva area. I pass this sight along the way, and it always makes me chuckle. So the last time I was passing by, I pulled over to the side of the road and took a photo. And then there was a challenge to scrap something "silly', so .... here ya go!


The sketch is the July 14 entry from Sassy Lil' Sketches. The papers are Scrap Within Reach and Dreamstreet Papers. The gold foil is from WRMK. I overcame my fear of misting and used it -- lightly, timidly and sparingly but it's there! Had a blast inking and heat embossing the stars. And I distressed and inked some of the papers just for fun!

7 comments:

Ange said...

What a fun lo! Love the color combo and the stars are rockin!

Julie said...

that is funny....love this layout and how you used all the required elements. Thanks for taking my challenge over at Sweet Peach Crop Shop.

Nathalie said...

This is hilarious!!!! I LOVE the photo and your page goes with it so well! Love what you did with the stars! Oh, and great colors too!

Melissa said...

Too funny! Love the title work!

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

Hilarious photo and wonderful layout, Barb! Thanks for entering it into Nicole's challenge over at Burlap & Buttercups' blog!

Jamie Fox said...

Oh my gosh how funny!! I love your title work and your take on this sketch, you rocked it!! Thanks for playing along at Sassy Lil Sketches!!! :)

Tone K. said...

Cool page !
Great take on the sketch !
Thanks for playing along at Sassy Lil Sketches!!! :o)