Friday, July 29, 2011

Sneak peeks!

Right now, I have two layouts that I created recently but can't share just yet. I love sharing my layouts and other scrap creations on my blog, Facebook page and elsewhere, and waiting is really, really, REALLY hard .... So until I can show you the complete layouts, here are a couple of sneak peeks:

This one is part of a Telephone Scraplift at Cookin' Up Creations:




.... and another for the August sketch reveal at My Sketch World:


Happily, I did complete TWO layout this week that I can show now. This one was for a Layout Tag on Inspired 2 Scrap:.


Aren't those photos a scream? That's my six year old grandson, Cameron, at the pool a couple of weeks ago. During the last rest period, he curled up under his towel and fell asleep. My daughter (who happens to be Cam's mom) took these photos. I used my June "Juicy" kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop for this one. For the background, I used Challenge #47 from the Scrapfit Challenge Blog to use yellow and a clock on a "summer-time" layout.

I used this week's sketch (#230) Sketch Inspiration:


I presented a Blue Plate Special challenge on Cookin' Up Creations this week to use mist on a layout. (We're doing a television and movie theme this month; my inspiration was the movie "The Mists of Avalon") For the background, I misted with walnut ink spray over a Tim Holtz mask. I also used metallic gold paint on a piece of plastic mesh to add some grid marks to the right hand side -- here's a close up:


I haven't stayed up late to scrapbook in a while, but I think I will tonight. There are still several of the July Blue Plate Special challenges at Cookin' Up Creations that I want to complete. Have you seen the BPS challenges? If you complete at least 15 of the July challenges by the deadline, your name will be entered into a drawing for a wonderful paper collection from S.E.I.  (Personally, I have my eye on the Fair Day paper pad ....)

Thanks for looking; have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Lisa H said...

Great layouts Barb. I like the background stuff you did on the dirt bike one. I have masks and I never think to use them. I need to dig them out!

Michelle said...

love love your boy pages!!and the rest oone is too funny awesome colors!

Nathalie said...

Awesome work Barb! I LOVE the one at the pool!!! My kids used to lay right on the cement too (but they never fell asleep!) - Can't wait to see your reveal! ;)

Lisa Watson said...

Wonderful work Barb!! Love the pics of your gandson asleep on the floor! My son does that too and yep I took pics too!!

Lori Gentile said...

Barb, you've done some really great pages here! I love them all! Love the way you did the grid marks with the gold paint!

Missy Whidden said...

Love your layouts! They are all really good & detailed :) My daughter grabbed her big winter coat one day and laid down in the middle of our hallway and went to sleep! Of course, I took pics! Love your work. Thanks for playing with us at ScrapFIT!