Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Scrap happy!

I just love productive weekends!

I had an unexpected day off Friday -- I was scheduled to substitute for a vacationing teacher at the local child care center, but there were so many families starting their Fourth of July weekend a day early that the attendance was down and I wasn't needed. I used my time very wisely, I may say .....

I created two layouts for Scrap That Moment, the new scrapbooking store here in town, featuring Karen Foster's Wedding Day Collage paper and Together Forever stickers and Worldwin cardstocks. The first one includes some of Worldwin's gorgeous Petalicious shimmery cardstock. The photo is from my older daughter's wedding in 2001. I added some rhinestones to the "Love" letters on the paper; to the sticker and the flourish, which I cut with a Quickutz die.

The second one uses a photo from my younger daughter's wedding last year. The paper is the same, but this time I used teal and emerald papers to reflect her color scheme. I used Stickles on some of the bigger letters in the paper to add sparkle. I also used it to "decorate" the cake sticker, which is adhered with foam tape for extra dimension.



The border on both pages is an EK Success punch -- which, unfortunately, "died" shortly after I finished. It's one of my favorites, so I think it requires a trip to JoAnn's today ....

I also had some time to indulge in a few challenges (which I love!) The Birthday Bash Celebration 2.0 at Cookin' Up Creations comes to an end today, and I'm happy that I finished a total of 16 challenges over the past month. These two layouts were created for that celebration, as well as for Scrapdango's L.O.A.D. (layout a day) Challenge -- which goes on through the end of the month.

I used my decorative scissors on the bottom of photo mat for this one. Then I partially covered it up, but you can still see it in the close up. Using the scissors was an idea from a challenge at Scraptastic Kit Club's blog.


 I used a sketch posted at Scrapdango for this one. I love the way it allowed me to use this lovely paper plus some scraps of trim I had been hoarding. I used a color palette posted in a challenge by Angie Gutshall on the Inspired 2 Scrap forum -- the BG paper fit it perfectly:


Both layouts feature patterned papers from Basic Grey's Hello Luscious line and some other goodies from Burlap and Buttercups' June kit, as well as from my stash. The photos are all from youngest granddaughter Anna's recent stay with us.

I have the entire day off today also. Do I have things I should do? Why yes, I do. And I will ... but first, since I'm here in the scrap room surrounded by kits, tools and photos .... well, the dishes and dust bunnies can just wait awhile.

Have a fantastic day!

7 comments:

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

You did a beautiful job on all of these LOs, Barb! I love all of the details and decorative borders, and it was so fun to see the adorable pages you created using the B&B kit. Your work is always so inspiring! =)

LisaM said...

Beautiful layouts Barb!

Lisa H said...

Wonderful layouts! The Anna backseat driver one is too funny, LOL. I get that sometimes too. ;)

Moon Scraps! said...

More awesome Work! I love watching Anna grow up :)

Jeannine said...

More cuteness from you! I just love what you do with butterflies and flowers. They always look so delicate and pretty. I can't get over how fast Anna's growing up, my word. It looks like you guys had a great time making those cupcakes! :)

Nathalie said...

Great pages Barb!!!! I am partial to the bottom two of course ;) "Making cupcakes" is my favorite!!!
Oh and forget the dust bunnies so that we can admire more of your work! :D

angie gutshall said...

Beautiful layouts!! I just love your work!