Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sassy Lil' Sketches, indeed!

My friend Rebecca  sent me the link last week to Sassy Lil' Sketches, and it's already become one of my favorite go-to places for layout design ideas. I used the July 28 sketch (with a few modifications) for this layout featuring photos of my daughter's adorable new "teddy bear" puppy.


The yellow background was inspired by Burlap and Buttercups "I've Got Sunshine" challenge; the papers are from Crate Paper's Portrait and Neighborhood,  Cosmo Cricket's Odds and Ends,  and October Afternoon's 5 & Dime collections and Sassafrass "Foldies". This layout also fits a Blue Plate Special Challenge at Cookin' Up Creations to scrapbook a pet. I guess a "granddog" counts, huh? 

Back to the scrap cave! Thanks for stopping by 

10 comments:

Rebecca In MI said...

Awe, Barb! You mentioned me on your blog! Waht a cute layout! it's great and that new granddog is very cute! What are the picture embellies on your page? They fit it to a T! Especially the dog with the teddy bear in it's mouth since it's a teddy bear puppy in your pictures!

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

This layout is so adorable, Barb! Thanks so much for playing along with the Burlap & Buttercups challenges this month!

Tone K. said...

What a cute and pretty LO and how cute photos.....sigh :)
Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Lil` Sketches ! :o)

Julie said...

OH HOW CUTE!!!!!!!! LOVE it barb!!!

sandi said...

Oh this is so cute! I like what you did with the sketch and those pics are simply adorable! Tks. for playing along with us!

Nathalie said...

What is not to love on this page? :) The design is perfect and the colors so appealing... I won't mention the cuteness of the photos! ;) Great work (as always) Barb!
Oh, and nice to see you playing with us at Burlap & Buttercups!

Dolly Daydreams said...

I love that puppy he is just gorgeous great photo's. ! Great papers and embellishments and a beautifully balanced and pretty layout. Thanks for playing along with Sassy Lil Sketches.

Marie

Lori Gentile said...

So cute! What a sweet puppy!! I love your layout!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

so, so, cute. love the take on the sketch. great colors. thanks for playing with sassy lil' sketches.

Melissa said...

What a cute puppy! I love the colors on this layout!