Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy July 4 weekend!

In honor of the upcoming Independence Day celebrations, the owner of Scrap That Moment -- our new scrapbooking store here in town -- asked me to design a couple of layouts using the Jordan Collection by Treehouse Memories.

My older daughter sent me this photo of her two boys at a monster truck show last year. It goes great with the red, white and blue papers! I used the new July sketch from My Sketch World:


The stars were cut from chipboard with Spellbinders dies, inked and then painted with silver glitter paint.

And this little firecracker is my youngest granddaughter, Anna. She was thrilled with her flag shirt and star shirt, as well as that little pinwheel (remember those? I loved those too as a kid!) The sketch is from Sketch Inspiration. The beautiful sparkly brads are from Creative Charms. 


I'm happy to be continuing on the Master Chef Challenge Team at Cookin' Up Creations! Each team member was asked to create an "I Am ...." layout as part of the new team's introduction. The papers are My Mind's Eye and Jenni Bowlin. Lynette Daniel, owner of Scrap That Moment, took the photo; she said I needed a new avatar photo and I suppose she was right!



After our month-long Birthday Bash Celebration at Cookin' Up Creations, the Blue Plate Special challenges are back! Today's challenge is to use this sketch from Nuts About Sketches, along with photos that involve water and the color blue or green. 


I turned the sketch and simplified it for this layout, using papers from Cosmo Cricket, My Mind's Eye and Jillibean Soup:


I used a kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop; and also used a layout by design team member Angie Gutshall for further inspiration. I loved the way she used those little cloud stickers and chipboard butterflies. 

Thanks for looking; have a happy (and safe!) Fourth of July weekend! 

8 comments:

Nathalie said...

So many fantastic pages!!!! I love the one about yourself and the last one in particular but they are all so, so well designed!!! Happy 4th of July to you too!

Jeannine said...

Barb, I absolutely LOVE the page about you!! Not only because the photo of you is so good (and it is!) but the whole page. Very nicely done!

Melissa said...

Wonderful pages, Barb! I really love the one about you, and "life artist" is a great descriptor!

just jennifer said...

love your sprinkler page! And congrats!!

LisaM said...

Love yor red, white & Blue layouts Barb! So festive! Happy 4th of July to you and your family!

BTW, I love your "me" layout! Thanks for playing along at My Scraps & More!

Miss Misi said...

You always seem so productive. Great LOs!

Rebecca In MI said...

I can almost hear the firecrackers looking at your first two layouts! The layout about yourself is a great tribute to you! (and I know how hard it can be to create something about ourselves!) When I saw the layouts on CUC I was thinking wow, they didn't have much time to get these done, but you sure pulled it off!

angie gutshall said...

Love your 4th of July layouts!

I'm so happy I inspired you with a layout of mine! That means alot :)

You such a talented scrapper!!