Friday, June 3, 2011

Scrappin' is happenin' here!

As always on the first day of the month, the June sketches were revealed at My Sketch World. This month I did both a layout and a card, created with Webster's Pages "Postcards From Paris" line. I have difficulty using these gorgeous papers because I'm afraid of making the first cut; but I was happy with the way these turned out.


The little girl is my oldest granddaughter, at age 2 1/2, as flower girl in my oldest daughter's wedding back in 2001. I did some punching and fussy cutting here.

I did more fussy cutting with the scraps to make a card for the card sketch:


I love challenges! and are plenty of them going on right now. Inspired 2 Scrap has some awesome monthly challenges up right now; and My Scraps & More is hosting a "My Scrap's Got Talent" contest for the next 8 weeks, beginning TODAY! 

And on Cookin' Up Creations, we are celebrating the forum's second anniversary all month long with the Birthday Bash Celebration 2.0. There will be a new challenge every day, but you have until the end of the month to complete them. There will be a few special challenges -- I'm kicking off a menu challenge today -- and some games. And prizes -- did I mention prizes from some generous sponsors? Needless to say, we are in a party mood!

The challenges are great because they inspire me to create. This week I completed several layouts, all as part of a challenge somewhere.

I've been enjoying my April Juicy kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop; it's nearly gone! I used it to create this layout featuring two of my grandsons ...

... and this one, with my other grandson ruining his socks (and probably his shirt) dancing at my younger daughter's wedding reception last spring:


I made the star embellishment by covering a chipboard star with a piece from an ancient pair of jeans, then layered a punched paper circle with a clear button, a metal button and thread. The little stars were diecut from denim with Cuttlebug dies.

I found this photo today when I was looking for something else in one of my photo boxes, and it brought back memories of the Christmas when Care Bears were hot -- and sold out. I bought kits and made them for my two kids. I was afraid they would be upset because they weren't "real" Care Bears, but they were thrilled. I love these old fashioned papers in Echo Park's For the Record line. 


  

And I needed one more layout for a Blue Plate Special challenge at Cookin' Up Creations (so I could get my name into the drawing for the awesome prize kit this month!) so I created this one. I stamped the flower with dye ink:


The ladies with me are my older daughter Heather and our scrapbooking forum friend, Beth, taken two years ago at a Creating Keepsaks Convention (actually, at Applebee's that evening .... dinner with good company, a couple of perfect margaritas ... a fun night!) It is one of the worst photos of me, but the other two look great,, and it's the only photo I have from that night, so I put vanity aside and scrapped it.

Hoping for a bit of scrapping time this weekend, too --- so many challenges, so little time! Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Jeannine said...

Barb, I just love the page about the Care Bears. How sweet of you to do that for them! They look just like the official bears to me.

All of your pages are so beautiful. I especially like the "Looking Cute" page and the card is very pretty. I wouldn't know you used the same paper for both. Fussy cutting is a great idea. :)

You've changed your blog skin since I was here last. It looks really cute!

Melissa said...

I love all of the projects, but I especially love the first page! Gorgeous!

Lisa H said...

Wonderful layouts as usual Barb. I really like the Looking Cute! layout. Perfect for flower girl photos. =)

Nathalie said...

What a variety!!! Your pages go from the beautifully feminine to the greatly masculine design!!! Awesome work as always!!! I couldn't pick a favorite!!!

Rebecca In MI said...

I love seeing your family in your wonderful layouts! I'm amazed at how well organized you are to keep all these challenges straight!

Miss Misi said...

These are all such fun LOs! Very inspiring.

Scraptastic Club said...

I agree with Nathalie...and I love all the different styles you've got going on here. Love the Care Bears story....and I couldn't tell the difference. Thanks for sharing!

just jennifer said...

love the layouts you made with the Sweet Peach kit!

angie gutshall said...

Barb, these are all so wonderful! You did a fantastic job!

bethping said...

Cute stuff! And hey, that's me! LOL to see my picture on your page! Was that 2 years ago, time sure has flown.

Diana said...

Wow Barb, you are on a roll. You've gotten a lot done! I love webster's too and love cutting it up!

ruth said...

Everything is amazing.....as always!!! I especially love the masculine layouts.....and that awesome denim star!!!

And.....that's a cute pic of you!!

Julie said...

awesome pages barb!!! love the clustered/white space feel of the worm one!

Ange said...

Wow, you always amaze me Barb! Love the worm lo. lol I've got pics of my daughter just like that.