Friday, June 17, 2011

A little experimenting ....

This week I decided to try something a little different with the latest Sketch Inspiration sketch. I used just a couple small pieces of patterned paper, and a few rub on's to create the design. Not sure I'm entirely happy with the result, but at least I tried something that's just a little "outside the box" for me:
That's my mom in the top photo. When I was taking pictures, she told me "That camera of yours always makes me look so old!" Yeah, right. I want to look as good as she does when I'm 80 years young .... This layout also satisfied one of the challenges for the Birthday Bash 2.0 Celebration at Cookin' Up Creations. There's still plenty of time to join in the fun. We have a new challenge nearly every day, with the whole month to complete them; some fun games; and some great prizes up for grabs ... so what are you waitin' for? Check it out!

I've been playing along with the "My Scrap's Got Talent" challenges at My Scraps and More and loving it! Last week's challenge was to use the great sketch designed and posted by design team member Chelsea. I found a favorite old photo of my boys, taken in July 1986 and paired it with the June "Juicy" kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop. The papers were perfect! I used a couple of small items from my stash, but most of the things on the layout came from the kit.

I have NO idea what they were diggin' for, but they sure were having a good time!

And finally, I can post this layout. I created it as part of a telephone scraplift at Cookin' Up Creations, but I couldn't show it until all of the participants had finished their lifts. This was so much fun!


Tonight is a scrapping night; I hope you also get to do something fun this weekend!

6 comments:

Lisa H said...

More great layouts Barb! I love the 'digging' one, of course it makes me think of my guys. Boys and dirt just seem to go together, lol. I LOVE the journaling you did for the Anna layout. So cool!

Amy said...

I'm LOVING that 'Quilted' layout.....so totally adorable! I just may have to lift that at some point in time. ;-)

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

LOVE these LOs, Barb! The bottom design is too adorable ~ great job, as usual! =)

Vicki said...

All of your layouts are amazing! Love all of the different pps on them. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Moon Scraps! said...

Awesome Layouts! I really do like the one of your mom. Totally different from your style, but it rocks!

Jeannine said...

Aww, your mom doesn't look old. She looks sweet. That's cute that she'd say that tho. lol

You're right that the "lovely garden" page isn't your normal style but you did an awesome job on it! You've inspired me to try to scrap a more simple page like that instead of having all the embellies and layers of papers I normally do. I love the photos too. Very nicely done!

LOL @ "I have NO idea what they were diggin' for, but they sure were having a good time!" I guess with boys it could have been anything, right? lol

I think my favorite for this day's pages you've shared is probably this last one of Anna. I just love how you did the journaling! I love everything about it actually but the journaling got my attention right away. As always, great job, Barb!