Friday, June 10, 2011

Just a few projects ....

I've been subbing this week at the one of the local child enrichment centers (day care and learning activities) for one of the staffers in the toddler/two year olds room. The children are adorable and fun, but they do keep me busy! I've been worn out at night and content to just sit on the couch and watch television. I'm used to scrapping nearly every day, but that hasn't happened this week and I miss it. Hoping for a productive scrap filled weekend!

I do have a couple of things to share.

At Cookin' Up Creations this month, the design team is working with products from Creative Charms, The Ribbon Jar and Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. For Monday's reveal, I made two cards. For the first, I used one of the cute robot designs from Little Scraps of Heaven. The designs are available two ways -- files for SCAL to be cut with your Cricut, or a pdf for paper piecing. Since I don't own SCAL, I cut mine by hand and paper pieced it for this fun birthday card:



For my second card, I paired some vintage brads from Creative Charms with Garden Party papers from DCWV for a sympathy card:



We all know I LOVE challenges .... and I created this layout for two different challenges. Cookin' Up Creations is celebrating the forum's second anniversary with the Birthday Bash Celebration 2.0. There is a new challenge every day! This was for Day #3 -- two photos and two hand cut embellishments. It also fit the "My Scrap's Got Talent" Challenge #1 at My Scraps & More -- to use two photos and to distress or  mist on the layout in some way. I used white acrylic paint and a bit of glitter paint to "distress" the white water foam in the photos, to make them stand out more. I used the May Sweet kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop:

My hand cut embellishments were the stars (I traced wooden ones and cut them by hand) and a couple of fish tails that I fussy cut and adhered with foam dots to "pop" them up:



I created this one for the Scraplift A Member challenge at Cookin' Up Creations. The entire Design Team chose a layout by forum member Patti, and each of us scraplifted it. This one was my version. I also used it for a challenge at Inspired 2 Scrap to use journaling strips on a layout:


Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Nathalie said...

Love your pages Barb! I am especially fond of the "Slide" page and the Sympathy card! Great work as always! :D Happy weekend to you!

Merrilee said...

That birthday card is adorable! And I love your layouts too!

just jennifer said...

love your bday card! The layouts are so fun, love all the details!

Miss Misi said...

Great projects! I like the robot and your "fussy" cutting on the Slide LO.

Candace H said...

What beautiful cards and layouts, Barb! You are doing some lovely creations!!!

Scraptastic Club said...

love the cards and the layouts Barb! I really love all the colors on the "slide" one.

Julie said...

love that robot card barb!! the blog looks great too!

Ange said...

Those are all great! Especially love your little robot and the slide lo.

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

Every single one of these projects is wonderful, Barb. I've bookmarked your blog so I'll check it regularly ~ your work is among my favorite! =)