Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How "revealing" ....

... Mondays, that is! 

This week for my design team reveal at Cookin' Up Creations, I salvaged a little chalkboard from my scrap closet. I used another digital design from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs for this adorable paper pieced bear:


The paper flower and the paper piecing are hiding some gouges and dings. This board will come in handy in my kitchen for notes. 

I'm one of the designers for the new scrapbook store here in town, Scrap That Moment. Lynette, the store owner, wanted a couple of layouts in time for Father's Day using this golf themed paper by Karen Foster. My husband and I went out to the golf course after dinner Saturday night to get these photos. 




 I love the One Hour Sketch Challenges at My Sketch World! We always get a few hints -- for this one, we knew we needed these photo sizes, a big circle and a border. I had been hoarding this lovely die cut from the LYB Twig line, so the sketch challenge gave me the push I needed to use it:


I substituted all last week at a local child enrichment center and day care -- in the toddler and two year old room. I loved working with the adorable little ones and the regular staff, but at the end of the day, I was tired! Not much scrap happening last week. I have a couple of days off this week, so hoping for a bit of mojo. We are in the middle of the Birthday Bash at Cookin' Up Creations, and I want to tackle some more of those awesome challenges. Plus ... My Scrap's Got Talent at My Scraps and More, the June challenges at Inspired 2 Scrap, and some fun ones on the Burlap and Buttercups blog.  And  I have TWO new, untouched kits that I need to break into!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

LisaM said...

Wonderful creations Barb! love the chalk board!

Moon Scraps! said...

Love the Golf layouts! Great job!

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

These are all fantastic, Barb! I especially love the "Wolf Walk" LO! =)

Rebecca In MI said...

I'm already looking forward to those projects from the sites you told us about, 'cause I know you'll get them done and they will be great! Mike was a good guy to go out and pose for pictures for you! Always (and I DO mean always!) love seeing your work!

Lisa H said...

those are great layouts Barb! (and cute chalkboard.) I thought that background paper was Karen Foster, lol. That brand does a really good job with "themed" paper.

Jeannine said...

I just love teddybears so your chalkboard got my attention. SO CUTE!! It's so cute that Mike would go to the golf course just so you could get pictures to scrap. lol What a guy! Love the page you did for the one hour sketch challenge. I cannot believe you did that in an hour. My word. Awesome work!!