Friday, May 13, 2011

An official "big event" for our family!

How was your Mother's Day?

Mine was great! My mom was here for dinner on Sunday, and I heard via phone from three of my four kids. Our youngest daughter, son in law and granddaughter came from Wisconsin. But the best thing was the day after: My son in law's petition to adopt my granddaughter was granted! We knew it would be, but it was so nice to actually hear those magic words. My husband, my son in law's parents and Il were there for the hearing, and I took a few photos afterward. My son in law isn't big on having his picture taken, but Monday the man just couldn't stop smiling! He so wanted this to happen, and he truly deserves to be her "forever daddy".

Anna stood up in the court room right before the hearing began and belted out, "Hey everybody! the game's about to start!" Afterward, as her parents tried to explain to her what had just happened, she said "You belong to me now, Daddy!" She was more excited about her new dress and her "mambo shoes" than she was about the court date. (If you have never had mambo shoes ... they are shoes that make lovely tap tap tap noises when you dance. And oh yeah, they have to be shiny patent leather, too!) 


Are they not a beautiful family?


In spite of Mother's Day and the excitement of Adoption Day, I did get a bit of scrapping in! I used the May kit from The Scrapping Spot for two layouts. The subject of the first is my youngest daughter (Anna's mommy).


This is the Bella Blvd Family Dynamics line; so cute! I cut the sun and clouds with my Cricut and the journaling spot with my Grand Calibur and Spellbinders dies. The sketch is from Nuts About Sketches.

And this one is Anna, playing "kickety kick ball" in the yard on Mother's Day. The sketch is from Sketch Inspiration.

There were three birthdays in our family in the first half of the month, so I've been in card making mode.  These balloons were cut from a scanned and printed copy of an old puzzle postcard that I picked up in a local antique mall. The gears were cut with a Sizzix die. This was for my son in Tennessee:


And I love using the "Sewing Room" Tim Holtz die from Sizzix on cards. This one went to my daughter (a very big week for her -- Mother's Day, adoption day and birthday!)


At Cookin' Up Creations this month, the design team is working with products from DieCuts With a View. I used  bold images from "The Colorful Life" collection on two cards for Monday's reveal:



Have a a great weekend and a fabulous week!

7 comments:

Nathalie said...

Fantastic both the news and your projects!!! :D I am especially fond of your yellow backgrounds!

BabyBokChoy said...

Wow, that's a bunch of awesome projects. YOur cards are absolutely FANTASTIC!! That bella boulevard layout is da bomb!!

Janine Rachau said...

Oh, I love everything! The layouts are so cheery and the cards so classy.

And, I love stories with happy beginnings! Congrats to the beautiful family.

Rebecca In MI said...

I'll never tire of hear the Anna-ism's!

angie gutshall said...

Barb, I love those pretty layouts and look at those beautiful cards!! Great job!

Ange said...

Wow, fun stuff happening around your place! Love your lo's!!!

Stacey said...

Your work is beautiful! So glad you are playing along at inspired to scrap!