Monday, May 30, 2011

A reveal and a sneak peek!

Today is "reveal day" at Cookin' Up Creations; this will be the last with the Diecuts With a View paper stacks. The whole team has had a great time working with these designs; and I am still loving the "Colorful Life" stack!

I started with inspiration from the DCWV Idea Gallery, but put my own spin on the design. I loved this big bicycle graphic, so I cut it into strips for more interest and mounted on WorldWin cardstock. The bottom strip is from a different pattern; I added a few white circles with bubble wrap and acrylic paint to tie it into the top pattern. The gears are cut with Sizzix and Spellbinders dies and inked, spritzed with Frost Shimmerz spray, and/or edged with Craft-T Metallic Rub-Ons cream. The boys are two of my grandsons; are they not handsome?



The June reveal at My Sketch World is not until Wednesday; but I am so excited about my designs this month that I decided to show a sneak peek of my layout:



I'm on the Card Design Team this term, but for the summer there will be only one layout and one card sketch a month instead of two, and we can volunteer to do both. I love Lucy's sketches, so I signed up for one of each. I have a real phobia about working with Webster's Pages; the designs are so gorgeous that I am always afraid of not doing them justice. A friend once told me to "get over it -- just close your eyes and start cutting!" I did keep my eyes open, but I managed to cut into not one but TWO pieces of WP for this layout. I'll be back later in the week to show my completed layout and card.

Have a great Memorial Day -- and be sure to thank a soldier or a veteran for his/her service to our great nation.

3 comments:

LisaM said...

Happy Memorial Day Barb!
The 2 guys layout is so cool! Love the bubblewrap stamping and yopur sneak peek looks lovely! Can't wait to see the whole layout!

Stacey said...

I love teh boy feel of that first page! It is wonderful!

~jan said...

I have those same feelings about WP, Barb! Both (since I have seen the MSW one!) are just fabulous!