Thursday, May 26, 2011

Another scrappy week!

The Design Team at Cookin' Up Creations is still working with Diecuts With a View paper stacks this month. I used a layout and tutorial o the DCWV website as inspiration for this layout using paper and rub ons from the "Colorful Life" collection:


I cut a 3/8 inch margin off the patterned paper on all four sides, but cutting around the larger elements and leaving them intact. I double matted that onto green and blue cardstock. I matted a photo and cut around some of the design elements so I could slip the photo underneath. The title is a DCWV rub on over a Pressed Petals chipboard tag. 

I participated in a one hour layout sketch challenge on Inspired 2 Scrap and ended up with this layout, using a Sweet Peach Crop Shop kit from November. It helped a lot to have a kit with the papers and embellishments already coordinated for me; and that rose net lace lent big impact in a hurry.



I created this layout for another challenge at Inspired To Scrap, using a Sweet Peach Crop Shop kit from April. I converted the center photo to black and white to fit in with the 1950's wallpaper vibe of this paper from Echo Park's Off the Record collection.The sketch is by Liz Qualman for Sweet Peach. 



My Scraps & More held a sketch challenge crop, and I managed to finish a couple of projects for that. This one uses a sketch by design team member Chelsea and is based on a color palette given in the challenge. The papers are Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air line. Don't you just love those bright, juicy colors? Everything came from the Sweet Peach May Sweet kit except the green flowers and rick rack. I had fun using some border punches and Spellbinders dies. The gingham print flower was made by punching, folding and adhering a few circles. Loved how it turned out! 


And the challenges continued ....

This one was created for a menu challenge on My Scraps & More and  for the May 21 Blue Plate Special on Cookin' Up Creations. The sketch design was by digital team member Penny Noel.


And this one was for the cellebration challenge on My Scraps & More; the sketch design is by Rascelle of the My Scraps & More design team. 

Is anyone having trouble accessing Blogger from a laptop computer, or have your followers list, follow this blog button and list of blogs you follow disappeared? That is all happening to me today. (It happened before I changed my background, so I know that's not it!) I can log in from the desktop dinosaur, so that's what I will have to do for now. My followers appear, disappear and then reappear .... hoping that this time they will stay!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend! 



8 comments:

Moon Scraps! said...

Awesome work! You have a beautiful Family to "model" for your pictures barb!

Nathalie said...

Awesome work Barb! The first page should be displayed on a wall, the second one is truly beautiful. I love the design and the mix of B&W photos on the third page and the last two are just as good! You ARE a super mama!!! :D

just jennifer said...

how do you find the time? LOL. So love all your layouts - very inspiring to me!

Miss Misi said...

You've been busy and they look great!

BTW, yes I'm having the same issues with Blogger.

Lisa H said...

You are a busy scrapper Barb! I love all these layouts. i think the Eddie one is my favorite though it's hard to choose. =)

Ange said...

Wow! You always get so much done, you must scrap at the speed of light! ;) Those are all awesome, but my fav is Pretty! Love the papers, flowers, butterflies and what a cutie!!

angie gutshall said...

Barb, these are all beautiful! Love your designs!

Rachel W. - Burlap & Buttercups said...

I've had so much fun browsing your blog, Barb! You do such amazing work ... I absolutely love your style. And congrats on your recent publication in Scrapbooks ETC! (I recognized the photo of the LO, having admired it a couple of months ago when my copy of SE arrived!) =)