Friday, April 1, 2011

What a wild weekend!

So much is happening scrap-wise, this weekend! The CROP CHEF competition is up and running at Cookin' Up Creations! The first challenge is up and it's a good one ..... the deadline for that challenge is Monday at midnight EST, so you still have plenty of time to enter. The remaining challenges will be issued on Mondays and Thursdays through April 18 -- a total of six in all. There are lots of ways to earn points -- and at the end of the contest, the person with the most points will be CROP CHEF?

The prize? A guest design team spot for May. So .... what are you waiting for????

This is also the birthday bash weekend at Paper Secrets. There are games and challenges going on through Sunday evening .... I'm hosting a Steal the Gift challenge Friday evening, Saturday morning and Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon. Those women are WILD, I tell ya!

And ... the grand opening for the new LSS here in town is tomorrow from 10 until 2. I am fortunate enough to be on the design team for the store. So excited! Until it opens tomorrow, the closest LSS is an hour away. Can't wait to have one uptown -- within walking distance!

I did get some scrapping done earlier in the week. This one is the example for my Wednesday challenge at Cookin' Up Creations to use a doily or lace. The papers are Echo Park's For the Record, from the Sweet Peach Crop Shop March Juicy kit. The Diva is my oldest granddaughter and the photo was taken 3 years ago. It's still my favorite photo of her -- so posh!


The new April Blue Plate Special challenges are starting now, with a new one every day. Always so much fun! And there is a prize drawing at the end of the month (because we all love prizes and winning!)

And I made this quick little card in response to Lisa's card challenge at My Sketch World to use spring colors and a banner. I punched out tiny shapes and threaded them onto some embroidery floss to make my banner. The papers are October Afternoon. The March challenges are done, but the new April ones are just starting to go up on the forum, as well as the NEW April layout and card challenges. 


And these cards were my design team reveal on Monday at Cookin' Up Creations.


The papers are Basic Grey. The flowers and leaves on the left side are made with Japanese washi tape from Cu-te' Ta-pe' and centered with tiny Primas. The sentiment tag is a Text Me tag from P.S. It's in the Details. I ran it through my printer to add the verse and then used Scenic Route rub on for the title. On the right, the button trimmed tree tag and owl are also Details tags.

I do plan to scrap this weekend -- hopefully very productively! I'm the featured subscriber on Sweet Peach Crop Shop's blog on Sunday, April 10 as part of their one year anniversary celebration - very excited about that! And I will be offering the CROP CHEF challenge this Monday on Cookin' Up Creations; need to get my example done. And there are always challenges everywhere -- love 'em!

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Julie said...

you're so lucky to be getting a new lss! none here :(

angie gutshall said...

Enjoy that LSS that is so close :) Love the layering on that layout! Such pretty cards too! Can't wait to see you over at SPCS :)

Luisa said...

Love your layout Barb! Am your newest follower! Lucky you that are getting a LSS, mine is closing tomorrow!!!

Luisa said...

I forgot: Your blog is very pretty and inspiring!

scrappinheaven said...

Hi Barb,

I've been having a lot of fun over on the Steal the Present game...lol. You are so lucky to have a LSS close to you. There are none around here either :-( I'm your newest follower.

Ange said...

Great stuff Barb! Love all you have going on with the lo and great flowers. Love the owl card too!!

Yara said...

Love your layout! Like all the layering! Beautiful cards too! Hope that your weekend was productive scrapwise.

Nathalie said...

You are always so productive Barb! I LOVE your page and what you did with the For The Record papers! Your cards are super cute too (love the buttons in the tree ;))

ruth said...

I hope you had fun at the Grand Opening!!! :)

Love that layout and the cards are super, super cute!