Friday, April 29, 2011

Reveal and project updates




The blog hop starts at 9 p.m. Eastern time Wednesday, May 4 on the Cookin' Up Creations blog and goes through May 6. The crop starts Friday evening on the forum and continues through Sunday night, with challenges, games and maybe a prize or two. Come on over and join us! 

And now for some reveals and general showing off ... 

I've missed posting the last two reveals at Cookin' Up Creations. We worked with paper collections from Best Creation.  Each design team member was fortunate enough to receive a different collection; and I was thrilled because I worked with the Bunny Love collection. My project in the week before Easter included cards for my grandchildren. This was one of them:


The little felt duck and chick are by Sassafras; the papers and stickers were all from the Bunny Love kit. The design was the April 1 card sketch at My Sketch World

My last project was a a layout with photos of my youngest granddaughter. 


I cut around the bunny's ears and the top of one egg in the border on my background paper so I could put the big circle behind it. I added stickers to the tops of the bows on the eggs and the daffodils for more dimension and added a chick sticker to the little parade on the border. The design was based on a sketch from the Sweet Peach Crop Shop's anniversary party on the kit club's blog

I've been participating in as many of the challenges as possible for Sweet Peach's first anniversary; this layout answered a challenge to scrap a baby photo. The lovely girls are my two daughters, who are 10 years apart. My older daughter had been so afraid of getting another brother (she already had two); so she was thrilled that the newest baby was a girl. The sketch is from SundayLDesigns. 


And yet another challenge -- this one was to use the posted sketch:

and yet another challenge -- to create a scene on the layout:



This one also satisfied a challenge on Cookin' Up Creations to layer a photo over a larger copy of the same image. I loved the effect of doing that on the photo of Anna on the slide 

The owner of the local scrapbook store, Scrap That Moment, asked me to work with Prima's Moulin Rouge papers for "prom season" display layouts. Here's what I came up with:


I used a sketch from Sketch Inspiration. The prom goers are my oldest daughter and her (now) husband at her senior prom back in 1996. This one also answered a challenge on CUC to use the color purple. 

This one was based on a sketch by fellow Cookin' Up Creations design team member Cassy Suszek. These gorgeous women are my youngest daughter and her bridesmaids:


I just finished this one today for anniversary sketch challenge #2 on Sweet Peach Crop Shop blog:


and the fun starts next week on My Sketch World:


Ten layout and card sketches will be revealed Saturday, May 7, with a whole week to complete them. And did I mention games and prizes? 

Thanks for looking; have a great weekend! 



6 comments:

Julie said...

wow barb!! all amazing! love the big sister one!!! and the duckie card is too cute!

just jennifer said...

OMG! How do you get so much accomplished?!? And they all look fabulous! Especially love the Easter layout!

Ange said...

Wow! You're a busy scrapper!! Love the Easter card and lo! You did awesome with all those challenges, especially the scene one, love it!

Diana said...

Barb, looks like you are on a roll! Fabulous work! Love the picture on the picture challenge- what a great idea and fun concept. Great stuff, keep it up!

Carmen Pauls said...

Some great projects, Barb! :) I especially like the "Baby Sister" and "Baby Doll" ones -- some very sweet design touches, and the quotes from your daughter and your granddaughter are both so funny. :)

ruth said...

I adore!! those Easter projects!!!! That card & layout might be the cutest Easter creations I have ever seen. LOVE them!!