Monday, April 25, 2011

My first projects for Scrap That Moment!

I am a happy camper; the new scrapbooking store in town, Scrap That Moment, is officially open. Lynette has some wonderful papers, a whole wall of cardstock and other great things in store for you. She has beautifully restored one of the old buildings on our historic Main Street. Now you can see the original tin ceiling in all its glory, as well as her newly built photography loft. And the hand painted zebra print ceiling in the crop area is worth the trip all by itself!

I'm on the design team for the store, and my first two layouts are on display there now. I worked with the Class Act line by TPC Studios:


This page uses "Phrases" and "Next Step" from the Class Act line. These papers are double sided,  which I love. I used WorldWin cardstock for the background, the mats, and to die cut the border, flowers and title. The lovely woman in the photo is my oldest daughter picking up her college diploma.


I used the flip sides of "Phrases" and "Next Step" for this layout. I fussy cut some of the mortarboard and diploma motifs from the "Next Step" paper and added them to the design; also cut and matted a couple of the phrases. Again, this is WorldWin cardstock (a dream to work with!) The stars and title are cut with Cricut cartridges and edged with Craft-T Metallic Rub Ons. This is a cream that adds just the right bit of shine. This is my third child, Jeff's, favorite pose from his senior portrait shoot.

I've also been working with the fabulous "Moulin Rouge" line from Prima Marketing; those will be ready for display later this week.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

~jan said...

The new store sounds fab, Barb! :) Congrats on being part of the DT! Your projects are fab and Im so glad you shared them with us at The Paper Variety!

WAM Family said...

Congrats on Design Team!!! Oh the store sounds really great!!! Your 2 layouts are fabulous. TFS

Mel said...

I like the splashes of color. Great layout! Thanks for participating at The Paper Variety.

Sandy Ang said...

I've always found black a difficult colour to work with. You make it look so easy. Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice comment on my Best Creation hop creations.